𝟏𝟎 - 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲

THE MORNING SUN beats down heavily on the three ash na'vi as they make their way through the thick, lush undergrowth of the forest towards the eastern sea. varang is in the lead on her direhorse, her head held high as she squints in the far distance. she is not entirely certain of what lies up ahead, but she leads with confidence nonetheless. there was no stopping her now that she had defeated the metkayina clan.

va'ru follows closely at the back of the group, mumbling "are we there yet?" or "can we eat soon?" at every short stop they come across. it doesn't seem to bother peylak, who is enjoying the view of their journey from the middle. varang, however, soon has enough of this babbling.

"va'ru," she hisses between gritted teeth. "if you do not shut up, your head will be adorning the top of my spear."

"what? you don't even have a spear!" va'ru protests, then shuts his mouth when varang pulls it out from a sheathed satchel on the side of her direhorse. "do not underestimate me." she growls, her tail flicking.

"relax, both of you. arguing will only wear you out," peylak offers alleviation for mostly va'ru, who huffs back in annoyance.

"where even are the omaticayans?" va'ru complains, narrowing his eyes. "i don't-"

"i found them," varang interrupts balefully, a malicious gleam in her dark red eyes. "they are here." she is staring ahead in the distance as they approach the edge of the cliff.

"already?" va'ru's eyes widen in amazement, trying to look over the olo'eykte's head. "that was fast."

"i don't think she meant the omaticayan clan, va'ru," peylak mutters, pointing towards the ocean. in the distance was a beach, where it met with a giant rocky cliffside filled with ikrans and a village of na'vi.

"woah... who are they?" va'ru murmurs, admiring the ikrans on the cliffs and in the sky. they flew with a freedom and in numbers that the three ash na'vi had never seen before.

"the tayrangi clan." varang licks her lips, a smug expression growing on her face. "follow my lead. and-" she whips her head around to stare at them. "-remember the plan."

the three ash na'vi slowly ride their direhorses down the steep edge that led them across the shore into the village. their arrival makes a slight disruption among the tayrangi, with some shouting questions and others giving curious looks. some mothers gather their children away with suspicious glances at the three strange newcomers.

"the tayrangi clan..." va'ru mutters, looking around with a vicious gaze as he sizes up their new victims. they were much shorter and slimmer than the three of them, which gave the ash na'vi a sense of arrogant dominance. "hmm."  he catches a small na'vi child staring at him with wide, frightened eyes. va'ru grins and makes a horrendous face, opening his mouth wide to show his shiny white fangs. the child cowers behind his mother's legs in horror, causing the young ash na'vi to chuckle gleefully.

peylak rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, additionally staring out at the crowd of tayrangi na'vi. he notices that many look away from his intimidating gaze. he brandishes the heavy club in his hand, the weapon gleaming with shiny volcanic rock.

"tayrangi clan! we bring you good news." varang shouts, her voice loud and distinct. it echoes over the clearing, causing many to stop what they are doing and stare. a small crowd begins to form in front of them, filled with mixed expressions. "the course of your lives is about to be changed. for the better, of course." a small smirk crosses her lips that only va'ru and peylak catch.

"i see you all. disarrayed, delusional, and blinded from the truth," varang's voice rings loudly over the crowd of na'vi. she sits up tall on her direhorse, waving her spear around. "even though you all appear to be weaklings, there must be one stronger than the rest. where is your leader?"