Car Accident Part 1//Loosely based on If I Stay

Third Person

    Cole walked through the sliding doors of the hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where his band mate, Dana, had grown up. It was January 1, and IM5 (Consisting only of Dana and Gabe) was on their winter break. No tours, no concerts, no recording, nothing. However, the three of them still were getting together for the first time in three weeks. Gabe and him had flown down from California to meet up together.

    He banged the ice off of his car handle and climbed in. He wasn't use to the Pittsburgh winters compared to the warm Cali ones. Before setting off, he checked his twitter feed. Will Behlendorf, David Scarzone, and Dalton Rapattoni, all previous members of Cole's band, had their third to last stop for their tour together today. It just so happened that they were playing in Pittsburgh. Cole slid his phone into his pocket and started the car.

    After driving for about ten minutes, Cole came to a winding rode in the forest. The roads so far had been awful, and these were no exception. He was a skilled driver, though. He was taking it slow-he didn't need to be at Dana's for another 45 minutes, anyways.

    Around the corner, a large semi truck was coming the opposite way. As Cole was changing the radio station, he looked up and noticed the semi starting to spin out of control. There was nothing he could do except speed up and hope to miss the collision. As Cole revved up the engine, he realized it was too late, and the semi crashed right into the driver's side of the vehicle.

Police and Ambulances had started to arrive moments after the crash. The semi driver was fine, though was being taken to the hospital just to be safe. Cole, however, was a different story. His car was completely destroyed-overturned and almost in the shape of a circular ball. Smoke was rising from the car like steam from a kettle. The medics were huddled around Cole's body, which had been completely thrown from the car and was in a heap on the other side of the road.

    "We need to get this kid to the hospital now, no messing around!" One medic had yelled. They had hooked Cole up to a breathing machine and were rolling him into the ambulance on the stretcher.

As the ambulance drove off with flashing lights and deafening sirens. the police and firefighters continued to investigate the wreck. A blonde woman who drove the fire truck looked around for something to identify the hurt boy with. Within minutes of searching, Cole's phone was found buried in the snow. The firefighter slid open his phone (Thank God there was no pass code) and started going through his contacts, social media, everything.

    "This kid's name is Cole Pendery, he's in some band called IM5, and was suppose to meet the other two band mates in twenty minutes ago," The blonde woman yelled over the noise.

Gabe

    Dana and I had been waiting for Cole more quite some time now. Right when Dana was about to text him, my phone rang.

    "Is it Cole?" Dana asked.

    "Cole, where are you? We've been-" I was interrupted.

    I'm sure Dana saw my face completely fall. As the officer on the phone explained details, I was completely silent. When I couldn't bare listening anymore, I hung up.

    "What's wro-?" Dana tried to ask.

    "Bro, we need to leave. Now!"

    As we both ran to my car, Dana kept asking what had happened. I could hardly even keep the tears from my eyes. "Cole was in a wreck. Bad. They said he was at UPMC. They don't know if he's going to make it."

Dana

    Everything inside my head was spinning. I completely tuned out everything Gabe was saying. I could hear my heart beating inside my ears. Without even thinking, I whipped out my phone and dialed a number.

    "Who are you calling?" Gabe questioned.

Pick up, pick up, I was mumbling under my breath.

    "Dana?" My phone answered.

    "Will, get David and Dalton down here. There's an emergency. Don't waste time."

    "Woah, slow down-"

    "There's no time to slow down!" I yelled, my voice cracking. I couldn't hold it together much longer. "Listen, Cole is being rushed to UPMC as we speak. he was in some kind of car accident, I don't know how bad, but he's in critical condition. Just-Just please hurry."

    I could hear yelling and scurrying from the other end. I hung up. In out, in out. I tried to steady my breathing as best I could. We can't lose him. We can't.