Eighteen

"Remember your car's flat tire? That was Ethan."

I shook my head, sarcastically laughing at Fabiola. "Ethan wouldn't do that to me. Your just trying to get back at me for exposing you to Devi."

"I'm telling you the truth, y/n!"

I left the classroom, looking for Ethan. I didn't think she was telling the truth, but I had to at least ask Ethan about it.

If he did, that caused me a lot of trouble. Obviously, I had to bother Paxton for a ride, and then I had to pay a lot of money from my savings to get it repaired.

And if Ethan did it, that only meant he commuted another crime-like act. And how I loved Ethan... but I couldn't be with someone who does stuff like that consistently.

I found him standing outside, his skateboard at his foot. He must of just finished practicing or riding around the school grounds. I heard the school bell ring in the background, but I was more focused on getting to Ethan.

"Hey! Ethan!" I yelled.

Ethan immediately turned around, and at first smiled when he saw me. But when he saw my angry expression, his smile began to fade.

"Hey, sweetheart. Wait, you seem mad, what's wrong?"

He moved closer to me, and I began to cross my arms. "Did you happen to slash one of my car's tires yesterday?"

He looked down at the ground and then up at me with those sweet eyes again. Ethan always did that to play tricks on me and make me feel bad for him.

"I would never do that, y/n."

"Ethan, tell me the truth."

"Fine, I did it..."

Ethan looked genuinely sorry, but also like he was hiding something from me. I knew him, he wouldn't do something like this just for fun. He usually had a reason, that usually happened to be revenge on someone.

He vandalized a car before because his teacher gave him a bad grade, and he stole a wallet to protect me. I saw a trend.

"Why would you do that, Ethan? You knew I had to get to your house anyways!"

He shuffled uncomfortably, and his hand lightly touched mine. "Because I was jealous of you and Paxton..."

I gasped a bit. He must of saw Paxton and I talking when he returned to the school. But we didn't do anything, so I was confused how it made him so angry.

"You know, I wasn't able to hear your whole conversation with him, but I did hear you calling him handsome and such."

Ethan must of heard all of the wrong parts of our conversation.

"Trust me, Ethan. It wasn't like that at all. Paxton and I have been friends for a while since Devi was with him when he went here. We were just catching up, and I was joking around," I explained, hoping Ethan wouldn't still be mad.

"I can't stand to see you with him!" Ethan exclaimed.

"We're just friends, Ethan. I wouldn't do that to you. Paxton's great, but he's not you."

"I don't want you to talk to him anymore."

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do that. He's literally a teacher here!"

"Whatever."

"And Ethan, please don't slash people's tires when your mad. That cost me a lot of money," I requested.

"I'm out," Ethan said, riding away on his skateboard.