༺ 07

✩ OCEAN EYES ✩

OCEAN EYES

Nixie was soundly asleep when she woke up with a jolt, she was awaken by the waves crashing onto the sandy shore, and with the bright sunrise winking at her from afar.

Nixie then took off her shoes, and walked out the doors, she wants to explore the castle more, see if anything more caught her eye.

When she heard someone walking by, she quickly jolted into a corner.

She then came across a large room with a bunch of objects in it, she was fascinated by it, she had no idea how much human stuff was in it.

She came across a lot of objects that she felt were like stone, and a large wooden object that when she stroked the strings, they made noise which made her jump out of surprise.

She then saw a large tube, one that looked like the one she had found earlier, but longer.

She then came across a sphere-liked shape, when she touched it, it spun! She was amazed by every object she came across.

Something else caught her eye, it looked like a mermaid, with prismarine-like material, she took it off the shelf and admired it, it even looked a bit like her.

"What are ya doin' in here, child?" A voice interrupted, it was Sebastian.

"Ya can't just go wanderin' around wherever ya please."

They then heard footsteps approaching the room.

"Hide!" He said.

"Who's in here?" A voice asked.

Nixie quickly hid behind the shelf, hoping he didn't see her.

He then withdrew the curtains.

"Oh, it's you." He said, it was the Prince.

Nixie slowly came out behind the bookshelf.

"Nobody usually comes in here." He said.

Nixie began to put the mermaid back on the shelf.

"My little mermaid." Eric said.

Nixie gasped and snapped her head in his direction, then resumed putting it back on the shelf.

"It's alright, it's alright, you can look at her, I found her on the cost of Cartageña, isn't she beautiful?" He said.

Nixie just looked down at the floor.

"Oh, that's right, you...well, it really doesn't matter, most people around here use too many words and have nothing to say." He said.

"You know, I never believe all the lore about mermaids luring sailors to their deaths." He said, taking the mermaid off the shelf.

"Here, take her." He said, handing it to Nixie. "No, really, I want you to have her."

Nixie gave him a grateful look and took the mermaid.

"I'm running out of space, anyway, nearly all of these things come from my voyages. I know it must seem silly, collecting all this stuff." Eric said.

Nixie shook her head.

"Just look at this fossilized sea-stone, can you believe such amazing things exist down there?" He said.

Nixie took the sea stone, then began to raise it.

"No, wait!" Eric exclaimed.

Nixie had broken the stone into a million pieces, and picked up a geode that came from it and handed it to Eric.

"How did you know that was in there..? All this time..." He said. "That's incredible."

Nixie then walked over to what looked like a shell.

"Oh, that." Eric began.

"Hey gyall." Sebastian said, who was hiding in the shell, Nixie then threw him on the table.

"That, I just picked up from the beach, here on the island, there's loads of 'em in this time of year-"

Nixie then blew into the shel as if it were a trumpet, it made a glorious sound.

"I had no idea you could do that." Eric said, chuckling.

Nixie then handed it to him.

"Me? Oh, no...really?" He said, taking it.

"All right then...how do I?" He asks.

Nixie then puckers her lips to show him how to blow into it like a trumpet, Sebastian was on the table watching the whole thing.

"yEaa, dat's it, dat's it gYall, go geHt it, aH see ya, go on come nOw...mTaww..." He said.

Eric tries to blow into it, yet fails, miserably, leaving Nixie smiling.

"I'll work on that." Eric said.

⋆。𖦹°✩

Nixie and Eric were studying maps that lead all around the world.

"I love the people there, their culture, their custom. This whole region is known as the Brazilian Empire, and there is...Venezuela." Eric said, showing Nixie each parts of the map.

"Columbia...Oh, and the area up here is called Mosquito Coast."

Nixie points to another part of the map.

"Those waters are all uncharted." Eric says. "Wouldn't it be amazing to discover some place no one has ever seen before?"

Nixie then looks at Eric, and the two share a moment together.

"And this, this was one of my favorite voyages, I bought that Peruvian rug there, along with six of the looms that used to make it." Eric told her.

Nixie grabs another map and sets it down on the table.

"Another one, all right." Eric says "This, is our island, we're in that very castle right now." He points out. "Over here is our main village, out port there, was once the busiest in the region, I'm hoping it will be again one day."

Nixie glances at him again.

"And there's a beautiful lagoon with a little waterfall right here, and then, all of that is rainforest, I could show tou around, if you like." He says.

Nixie nods.

"All right, we'll go tomorrow." He says.

"But, sire..." A voice said, do people here on land just sneak into rooms unannounced?

"Oh, Grimsby, good. we'll need a horse and carriage ready for us in the morning." Eric orders.

"May I have a quiet word, sire?" Grimsby asks.

Eric glances at Nixie and glances back.

"Of course." He says, leaving Nixie standing in the room alone, well, maybe not alone.

"He's a special one, in't he?" Sebastian says.

Nixie then smiles down at the little crab.

[hey guys sorry i havent been uploading ive been in a silly goofy mood lately and ive barely had motivation to finish this 🥲]