༺ 05

✩ OCEAN EYES ✩

OCEAN EYES

"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty, they weren't kidding when they called me- well, a witch, but you'll find that nowadays, I've mended all my ways, repented, seen the light and made a switch, True? Yes..."

"...And I fortunately know a little magic, it's a talent that I always have possessed, and here lately, please don't laugh, I use it on the lonely, and miserable, and depressed, pathetic..."

"Poor unfortunate souls...In pain...In need...this one longing to be thinner, that one wants to get the girl, and do I help them? Yes indeed!"

"Those poor unfortunate souls, so sad, so true, they come flocking to my cauldron, crying "Spells, Ursula, please!" And do I help them? Yes I do."

"Now it's happened once or twice, someone couldn't pay the price, and I'm afraid I had to rake 'em across the coals, yes, I've had the odd complaint, but on the whole, I've been a saint...To those poor unfortunate souls..."

Flounder and Sebastian had just entered the cave, and saw Nixie.

"The sea witch!" Flounder exclaimed, Sebastian silenced him before anyone could here.

"So here's the deal." Ursula said, putting her arm around Nixie.

"I'm whip up and little potion to make you human for three days, got that? Three days. Before the sun sets on the third day, you and princie must share a kiss, and not just any kiss...The kiss of true love...If you do, you'll remain a human permanently, and if not...You'll turn back into a mermaid, and you belong...to me."

"No, Nixie!" Sebastian exclaimed, before Flotsam and Jetsam silenced him.

"You understand, of course, that you'll have to give up your mermaid gifts, you won't have this tail of yours hanging around, dragging you down, you won't be able to breathe underwater, who needs it?...And you'll no longer have that siren song of yours, because that wouldn't be fair now would it? But don't worry, I'll keep it safe and soundness, here with me...We got a deal?"

Nixie pondered at the question, if she became human, she wouldn't be with her father or sisters, ever again.

"I don't know..." She sounded unsure of her answer.

"Well...I may have just gave you the premium package, kid, well, life's full of tough choices, innit?" Ursula said.

"...No...This is wrong, I can't do this." Nixie said, swimming back down to the entrance.