Seven

"And I've been meaning to tell you
I think your house is haunted
Your dad is always mad and that must be why"

What if Sirius Black was not the traitor? That was quite possibly the only thing Nina could think of, but even after days of having said conversation with Alastor Moddy she could not find a way out of one thing; she needed to speak with a member of the Hose of Black. And as the more than ten-page report from Rita Skeeter published on 1968 "Darkness In a house full of stars: secrets of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black" pictured   She had no escape from that long overdue chat Dora had mention she needed to have with Andromeda about the Black lineage (unless she figured out a way to revive the dead or get Narcissa Malfoy to drink veritaserum). It looked like the only way to solve both her mystery and the Prisoner of Azkaban's one. 

As usual, her and Dora arrived to the hotel room on Friday night to pick things up for a stay at the auror's house.  She had a whole weekend planned, the conversation with Andromeda had been pushed by Dora who of course, was awfully aware of Ninas nervousness 

-Clam down! you know my mom is not going to eat you alive she's not a dragon!

-I know, lts just...  this is not only about Sirius- she paused -every time I'm around your mom I get this odd feeling, like... I don't know how to explain but what if I'm not just any Black? -

Dora looked at her, the topic had crossed both their minds more than once and Nina had pointedly avoided it for weeks after being together in that court room. She was not an open person so the pink-haired waited until her friend was ready to talk.

-What if I don't like what we discover? The only clear thing I have on my memories is a woman who is allegedly my mother being horrible-

Nina grabbed the sides of her bed strongly.
Being alone, and feeling alone where two different things.

The first time she had felt alone had been in the hospital after her accident, even if Dumbledore came to visit most of the time, it felt like a task on his end; but then again, maybe she had been over sensitive about losing her memories and the breakup that followed.

The second time; it had been a different, devastating kind of loneliness after she got the first glance of what her family was like and what should have been (being at her friend's home).

-My mother doesn't speak about her side of the family often, but what you find is ugly if you want to let it be or go deeper to recover your memories- Dora's gaze softened and her hand clamped over Ninas moving knee 

-We will be there. Blood or not-

Nina had to fight the knot of tears that made its way up her throat -okey- was all the girl could answer to avoid her voice breaking giving a reassuring squeeze to the pink haired

She had never (in all that time) felt so comforted.

They both made their way to the Tonks farmhouse. even if it was late, Dora knew better than to wait on something that important. she had come to notice when her friend had something on her mind she stayed up crawled by insomnia. 

-Ms Tonks! Thank you for having us, I told Dora it could wait but, well.... - Nina left the rest unsaid and Andromeda Tonks smiled, she understood of course both girls were as stubborn as only their families could be.

-Shush, had I let you wait any longer you wouldn't have done it- Nina rolled her eyes, but did not retort knowing it was true 

-I have already told you, it is just Andromeda- the later smiled kindly and stepped away so they could enter the house -Dora told me you wanted to talk about my family-