epilogue

chapter ten : epilogue

SHERWOOD FOREST - camp

ROBIN AND MARIAN are getting married. Everyone is dressed in their finest clothing. Will and Arabella stood right next to each other.
Arabella had her head resting on his shoulder as his hand was on her waist.

"With the power vested in me, of God's holy church, I say let any man who has reason why these two should not be joined, let him speak now or forever hold his peace. Then I now pronounce you..." Friar trailed off at the end, as a new voice came into view.

"Hold, I speak!"

"It's the king!" Everyone said.

Everyone except for Marian and Azeem get to their knees. Azeem looks around at everyone in surprise.

"Richard!" Marian beamed.

"I will not allow this wedding to proceed....." King Richard started, as everyone gave disappointed and shocked expressions.

"My lord..." Robin started before he was interrupted by the king.

"Unless, I'm allowed to give the bride away!" The others laugh and stand up. "You look radiant, cousin."

He gives Marian a kiss on both cheeks. "Oh Richard."

"I'm deeply honored, your majesty."

"It is I who is honored, Lord Locksley.
Thanks to you I still have the thrown. Friar, proceed!"

"Now where was I...oh...Husband and wife? You may kiss the bride." Friar concluded.

"I know that." Robin said smugly.

He and Marian kiss. Everyone cheers. Will and Azeem hug. Azeem turns to Arabella and motioned her to join him and Will. Some doves are released and they fly off. Marian and Robin continue to kiss.

•••

SHERWOOD - few weeks later.

WILL PACED BACK and forth in front of Robin and Marian. "How do I start it off?" Will asked nervously.

It had been about a week and a half since Robin and Marian wed. It's also been a few weeks since Will and Arabella shared their first kiss together.

Course, they've shared many more after that. But they had no title on them.

That was until this day. Will had finally built up the courage to ask Arabella to officially be his girlfriend.

"Brother," Robin placed his hands on Will's shoulders. "I've never seen you this worked up, ever." Robin laughed, as Marian hit his head. Making him stop.

"Don't tease him." Marian scolded her husband. "Just talk to her like you normally would Will." Marian offered a comforting smile.

"Right, except this time I am asking a question that could change everything we've been through."

"You are working yourself up too much." Marian spoke, her voice coming out soft and gentle.

"I agree," A new voice came. It was Fanny. "I've seen the way she looks at you Scarlet. You have nothing to worry about."

Taking a deep breath, Will nods at all of them. Before heading off to where Arabella was. "Wish you luck dear brother!"

•••

"BELLA! CAN WE talk?" Will yelled, once he saw the sight of the girl who won his heart over.

"Of course, what's wrong?" She asked, as she brushed some of the hair out of her eyes.

Arabella was in the process of helping Wulf and a few other children, but once they saw Will come over they all scattered.

"Nothing wrong, I just have something to ask you..." He trailed off nervously. As he fiddled with his hands.

Arabella looked at him confused. She had never seen him so flustered or worked up over anything. "Will, are you okay?"

"Yes perfectly fine darling, I just...I would like to..." Will stuttered out nervously. Breathing in deeply to attempt to calm his nerves.

"Will, you can ask me anything." Arabella reassured, as she grabbed his hand, and smiled comfortingly.

Will sighed, "Ok." He closed his eyes for a second. "Would you do me the honors of...of...being mine?"

Arabella's mouth fell open as she felt tears of joy flow in her eyes. "Yes!" She exclaimed as she latched onto his neck.

Much like that day they first shared their first kiss. He latched his hands on her waist and spun her in joy.

"Oh thank god." He breathed in relief, as Arabella placed her lips onto his. Her arms around his neck, as Will had one of her face and the other on her waist.

"I love you darling." He whispered to her when they pulled apart, as they placed their foreheads together.

"I love you too, Mr. Scarlet." Arabella winked, as she kissed him once more.

It's safe to say, all couples lived happily ever after together. Will got his comfort, and Robin got his maiden.

Marian found the person she longed to marry, and Arabella found her first and true love.