Chapter 2: School Starting

Whitely Narration: Well, it has been four years since I perfected my acting skills. I'm now 16 years old, almost 17, and my plan to blend in and not stand out is going smoothly.

Whitely sips on his tea as Weiss hugs him and boards a bullhead to Beacon in Vale to become a huntress.

Whitely Narration: I wish I could go to Beacon too, but our father has forbidden it. Weiss wanted to go to Beacon to escape our Father which I cant blame her for so I decided to do the same but just closer to home so he dont go bonkers so for me to go to Atlas Academy, My father insists on constant check-ups back home. Our older sister became Ironwood's right-hand soldier in the Atlas Military just a year ago, so she hasn't been around much. As for mother, she remains secluded in her room or garden, constantly drinking. I pay her no mind, as she holds no significance in my life or my background character profile. I need to continue avoiding attention so I can be prepared for the inevitable day that will surely arrive... Wait, where are the others? Oh yeah.

Whitely finds himself in the backyard of the manor, holding a letter, with a black-feathered pigeon perched on his shoulder.

Whitely: It seems everyone else is doing well. Gamma and her store, Mitsugoshi Company, are thriving with higher demand than ever.

Whitely Narration: Gamma is one of the Seven Shadows within the Shadow Garden. She, along with the other girls, ventured out to pursue their own endeavors while Alpha occasionally gives them orders. Meanwhile, I remain here, given some leeway to do as I please.

Whitely: I suppose it's good that they're establishing themselves, but why are they using the knowledge I shared with them as children without sharing any of the profits?

He sighs, already knowing the answer.

Whitely: I may have a lot of money because of this family, but it's not truly mine; it belongs to my father. It can get quite frustrating.

As he ponders to himself, the butler, Klein, calls out to him.

Klein: Master Whitely, your dinner is ready.

Whitely turns and thanks the butler before heading inside the manor, continuing his internal monologue.

Whitely Narration: Over the past year, I've been able to venture outside the kingdom to some extent. However, I am forbidden from going alone. The maids of the manor must accompany and protect me at all costs.

He enters the dining hall where only his father is present.

Jacque: Hello, my dear son. I wish to discuss your decision to join Atlas Academy.

Whitely takes a seat across from his father and begins to eat his dinner.

Jacque: You have been accepted into the school, so congratulations. However...

Whitely Narration: Here he goes again. Every now and then, he reminds me to always return home and not join the Atlas Military, as he believes I'm needed for the Schnee Dust Company. He's stubborn and never accepts "no" for an answer. I'll give him credit for his business acumen, but it's not a sustainable long-term strategy.

Jacque: Do you understand, my son?

Whitely: Indeed, I do, my dear father.

Jacque gets up and leaves.

Jacque: Good. Now go to sleep. It's getting late.

Whitely: Indeed, my dear father.

Whitely heads upstairs to his room.

Whitely Narration: I wonder how Alpha and everyone else is doing, including our base? I'm sure they'll be fine. Alpha is smart enough.

He takes off his jacket, hangs it on a chair, and flops onto his bed.