Chapter 1: Introduction

Minoru Narration: In the final summer of my high school career, I, Minoru Schnee, was on the path to become the Eminence of Shadow. The weight of my destiny and the allure of the hidden world pulled me forward, guiding my every step. But little did I know that my journey would be abruptly interrupted, forever altering the course of my life.

I remember it vividly, a moment frozen in time. A small, white-haired boy with striking blue eyes, lost in his thoughts, gazing up at a peculiar sight. As my eyes blinked in surprise, I found myself staring into the weathered face of an elderly man who bore a striking resemblance to Santa Claus himself.

 As my eyes blinked in surprise, I found myself staring into the weathered face of an elderly man who bore a striking resemblance to Santa Claus himself

Old Man: Oh my, he looks adorable... He's got your eyes too!

Minoru Narration: What the hell?

Suddenly, a woman with white hair, appearing fatigued, stepped forward to join the old man. Her presence added to the bewildering situation.

 Her presence added to the bewildering situation

Lady: But something isn't right. He never seems to cry.

As the old man stared at the boy with a worried expression, the lady joined him, her weariness evident in her voice.

Minoru Narration: Oh, I get it now...

Baby Minoru: Waa... Waa...

Minoru attempted to mimic the cry of a baby, realizing the strange situation he found himself in. The old man and the lady seemed relieved, their expressions softening.

Lady: It seems that I was just imagining things...

Old Man: I'm relieved that the boy is alright... You scared me for a second there.

Lady: So am I, Father...

Minoru Narration: I have no idea why this has happened, but that's just a minor detail. More importantly, the air is filled with magical energy...

Suddenly, a small child with white hair and blue eyes, slightly older than Minoru, burst into the room. They were accompanied by a group of maids, some with animal features and others resembling ordinary individuals- my kind of people.