Ch. 9: Arrival

When they landed, Luz and Amity exited the plane.

"Did you really have to smack me?" Luz asked.

"Yes."

"But why?" Luz asked with a slight whine.

"Because I said we wouldn't do it on a plane." Amity said as they walked to baggage claim, "Now come on, we have work to do."

After calming their luggage and Ghost, who snuck back into her carrier cage before the plane landed, the left the airport for the hotel they would be staying in before their expedition.

"You know, now that we're on solid ground-" Luz said as they waited for a taxi.

"Jet lagged, no naughty." Amity said, being surprisingly resistant to Luz's advances.

'God, why must you punish me?' Luz thought with a small amount of dread at her fiancé's denial of love.

The two arrived at the hotel and got unpacked. The room had two beds with white sheets, a small couch, a business desk, a small balcony, flat screen tv, and a luxury bathroom right next to the front door.

"Ah, this is the nicest hotel I've ever been in." Luz said.

"Yeah. It reminds me of some vacations I took with my parents in school." Amity said as Ghost moved to lay on one bed.

"And these beds feel so fluffy. Like clouds." Ghost said.

Ghost rolled around on it.

"Mother, come lay with me!"

"Which one?" Luz asked, looking at Ghost.

In a way, Luz was Ghost's stepmother when she and Amity officially got married.

"Both!"

Smiling at this, Luz playfully jumped onto the bed to make Ghost bounce in the air before landing back safely.

"Who's a good living piece of wood?" Luz asked, tickling Ghost's stomach.

"I am!" Ghost said with a smile.

"Yes you are!" Luz said with a smile, scratching Ghost's sweet spot under her chin.

Amity laughed.

"You two are a ridiculous pair." She said with a smile.

"Maybe but we're YOUR ridiculous pair." Luz said, pointing to Amity. "You can't get rid of us, no matter how hard you try."

"I know but why would I ever want that?" Amity asked as she walked over, laying down to join them.

Luz began to scratch Amity's ear, making the witch purr again.

"And you're my precious, little tigress." Luz said to Amity, moving to kiss her cheek a bit.

"Can we stop with the purring thing!?"

"No."

"I agree, mother." Ghost said, nuzzling against Amity. "I enjoy your purrs as you enjoy mine."

Luz struggled to hold in her joy, this was just so adorable.

'Need a picture.' Luz thought as she quickly pulled out her phone and snapped a picture.

Once the moment passed and they finished unpacking, the trio were laying in bed to order some room service for lunch.

"It's nice to have these small moments of peace like we did before all this magic and death came around." Luz said.

"Yes, it's so peaceful...a little boring though but still peaceful." Amity said.

"Boring is a good thing but it can be tedious. Perhaps they have some nice movies to watch." Ghost said, pointing to the tv in the room.