Ch. 3: Breakfast Time

The next day, they returned to the zoo.

"Another day, anyone animal." Luz said with Amity by her side.

"That's a strange saying but I like it." Amity said with a smile.

"I'll see you at lunch." Luz said, "I have a new celebrity alligator to feed."

"And I have some giraffes to feed." Amity said before kissing Luz's cheek. "Have a great day."

"Bye Mittens." Luz said.

"What did I tell you about hanging with the Twins!?" Amity said.

"Can't hear you, love you, bye!"

Luz ran off with a smile on her face, leaving a flustered wife to be in her tracks.

'I am going to be in trouble tonight but it was worth it.' Luz thought.

'I'm going to punish her tonight... and NOT in the fun way!' Amity thought.

She stomped towards the giraffes habitat with an angry look on her face, red blush and all. Luz arrived at the Armory, with a bucket filled with meat. Trust her when she says, you have not lived until you see almost 50 babies alligators swim towards you, it's adorable. She knocked on the door with a smile, alerting everyone she was her.

"Morning everyone!" Luz shouted, knowing Tank, Bullet, and their children were up now.

"I have meat!" Luz said.

Tank and Bullet got chickens, while the babies got a lot of minnows. About an entire gallon bucket full.

Luz tipped the bucket to pour the minnows at a moderate rate in a row along the shoreline so the baby alligators could get them without getting in each other's way. After that she grabbed another bucket and held out chickens.

"Tank, Bullet, time for breakfast." Luz said.

"We're coming." Tank said as he and his wife swam up to Luz.

The two alligator parents ate the chicken with glee, enjoying a nice breakfast with their kids.

"So, how have things been?" Luz asked them.

"Tiring with the children but so wonderful at the same time." Bullet said to Luz.

"And how's the little celebrity been?" Luz asked, seeing Marshmallow swallow the small fishes.

"She's doing fine. Marshmallow surprisingly loves the attention but she's more curious about humans than the others." Tank said.

"Just wait until she can talk, just wait until all of them start talking." Luz said, "That will be something."

"Things will be louder but it will be nice to hear their voices." Tank said with a smile.

"And what about you, Bullet? Are you looking forward to hearing your babies speak?"

"Is that even a question? Of course I am." Bullet said as she looked at her babies, still eating the minnows.

"Well, I'll leave you to your children, I have other animals to feed." Luz said.

"Tell then we said "hi." And if they are jealous of our children, "f you."" Bullet said, surprisingly competitive.

"Really, dear?" Tank asked her.

"Yes, really." Bullet replied.

"I knew there was a reason I love you." Tank said, giving her a gentle bite, the alligator version of a kiss, "Competitive and feisty."

"A Queen to your King." Luz said, leaving the Armory.

Luz always loved seeing the animals express their love for each other in their own ways, finding it even more loving than humans sometimes.

'Not me and Amity, but still wonderful.' She thought.