Chapter Twelve

After potions class I had my vampire class, and I knew Mia wasn't going to be there after what happened to her. I walked into class to see Dante already there. When I walked in, he stopped and smelled the air. He looked at me and could tell I was fully mated. The energy around me was different and so was my scent because I smelled like the guys all the time now and they smelled like me. He glared at me as his hands clenched into fists. I smiled and took a seat next to him. He kept staring at me pissed off as I pulled out my notebook to take notes. His little girlfriend entered class and sat down next to him only to glare at me. I rolled my eyes with a sigh and the teacher walked in with someone making me freeze up. A council member of the black court.
       "Class we have here Amelia Jetter from the black court today. They want to take count of how many vampires are here born and turned and whether or not they know their sire or bloodline," the teacher said before glancing at me and seeing Mia wasn't in today.
        I bit my lip as the woman, Amelia looked at me seeing my purple eyes along with my horns wings and tail out. She pointed at me and spoke to the teacher quietly that I couldn't hear. The teacher nodded and gave me a concerned look. The woman walked over to me as the class got quiet.
       "What are you crossed with?" she demanded, "We have no records of a hybrid being born or turned."
        "I'm half succubus. I was born half human half succubus. That's why you have no record of me and the other reason you have no record of me turned is because I wasn't turned. I did a transformation spell six years ago that turned my human side when my demon side was bound and I thought I was full human," I said making her eyes widen.
        She made a look of disgust at me before she asked the obvious question, "What do you survive on? Blood or sexual energy?"
       I smirked, "I need both to survive. I feed on blood bags and feed of my mates during sex for my succubus side," I said gesturing to my mate marks on my neck.
       "I'll be sure to add you to the records. We'll be keeping our eye on you miss?" She trailed off wanting my name.
       "Lexi Lawrence. Daughter of Samial of the royal family," I said with a smirk on my lips.
      The realization of who she was talking to coming across her face was priceless. She walked away from me and continued on to ask other students of their lineage. When she got to Dante, he retold the same story he told me. Didn't know his sire he was randomly attacked and turned and woke up alone. Liar. He was skilled at it too. Even when he was human. Able to lie with a smile on his lips. I zoned out during class when I felt one of my bonds being tugged. Connor. I could feel panic flood the bond and then pain spread over my stomach. I groaned and grabbed my stuff and sped out of the class as the teacher yelled after me. I couldn't tell where he was as the bond kept pulling at my mind. Where the hell was he? I gasped for air as I felt pain spread through my right cheek. I saw Aiden down the hall hissing from the same pain. He saw me and rushed over to me as I started to panic.
      "Do you know where he is?" I begged him as he smelled the air around us.
       He shook his head only for the smell of blood hit my nose. I looked at Aiden and he nodded, and we started to follow the smell. I was lead outside and saw drops of blood on the ground.
      "Aiden follow the trail I'm going see if I can find him from above," I said before shooting into the air.
      I headed towards the woods as the smell got stronger the closer I got. I looked the best I could through the trees to see someone on the ground. I found a clearing of the trees where I could land. I ran to him only to have Aiden get there after me. Connor laid there covered in blood. He had claw marks all over him and his pulse was faint. He had one on his arm that wouldn't stop bleeding and I looked at Aiden terrified. He placed his hands above the wound and gripped his arm tightly using his intense grip as a tourniquet. I picked him up making him groan in pain. I pulled on all the bonds needing the guys. We left the woods as they all rushed out the door seeing us. Jasper rushed over being stronger than me and took Connor out of my hold as Aiden kept his hold on him. We rushed him as quickly we could to the nurse without causing him more pain. He kept groaning and saying my name. We busted into the nurse's office as the old woman looked startled by seeing Connors mauled body. They placed him on a bed and told Aiden to keep his grip on his arm. She started to bandage his wounds and grabbed two bags of blood that matched his blood type and species. She placed an IV in his arm and told Aiden to release his hold and they quickly started to patch up his wound that was bleeding less. I stood there covered in his blood as was Aiden and Jasper. Nic held me close as Jax stared in shock. Kieran had flames dancing in his eyes as anger stirred inside him. This was proof that all of us and everyone we knew were targets. The nurse came over to us and sat down at her desk.
       "He's stable but he needs to stay here until he's awake and can explain what happened and tell the headmaster who or what attacked him. We don't tolerate attacks like this unless class permission. He's lucky to be alive and that you found him in time. Without Aiden's help he would have bled out and died before you got him here. Something mauled him badly. His leg is also broken so he'll be in a cast," she explained glancing at Connor.
       "Can't my blood help with that?" I asked as tears fell from my eyes.
        "I don't think your blood would do much good in this condition dear. His body is very mangled and the fact he's even alive is a miracle. There's something out there or in this school attacking students. We found a dead girl this morning in those woods and now this student attacked. Anyways I'll let you all know when he's awake your mate is in good hands," she said glancing at the mark him and I shared.
      I touched the lightning bolt on my neck and looked down. I caught a second scent around him, and I intended to find who it belonged to. One thing I knew for sure this person was a shifter. We left the office as we all walked slowly back to our dorm. When we entered our dorm Jasper went to take a shower to get the blood off him. I sat down on the bed still covered in his blood staring at the floor. Kieran was pacing in the living room as everyone stayed quiet. Once Jasper left the shower Aiden went to take one next.
       "Want to join me gorgeous?" he offered, and I shook my head.
        He sighed and closed the door to the bathroom. I couldn't let this go. Who did this? Was this part of the people Dante was using or were there others outside of this school his sire was using? That scent I never smelled before so that meant it was no one I've encountered. It smelled of rust and rotting meat. I've never smelt something so close to death before. I sighed and grabbed my phone and found the number of Connor's mom and dad. I tapped the call icon and listened to it ring.
       "Lexi?" his mom answered.
       "Hi Heather, you and Charles need to come to the school. Connor got hurt pretty badly. Something attacked him in the woods and he's not in good shape," I said trying to hold back my sobs.
      "Oh Lilith! We're on our way now," she said and hung up.
        "You sure telling them was a good idea?" Jax asked from the doorway.
        "They have a right to know Jax," I said with a sigh.
        "And they have the right to take him out of this school. You're his mate now they're not worried about him feeding off random people anymore. That's why he came here to get his feeding under control and find a feeding partner if he didn't find a mate. We all came here because of our own issues. I came here because I was using my powers anytime, I listened to music. I wouldn't even notice I was humming the song until it was too late. Jasper was sent here because his father wanted him to be stronger find his mate and run their streak. Kieran is his fire control and being able to shift without extreme pain which he's still struggling with. You've never seen his form but it's terrifying. You see Nic already having trouble with Tane. And Aiden you already know why," he said meaning how Aiden attacked his father.
        I glared at Jax as a low hiss came from the doorway of the bathroom. Aiden stood there with his arms crossed and a towel around his hips.
         "Just because I killed my father to protect my family does not mean I'm a killer. And if you think one more thought of me turning out like my father, you're going to make me a killer though," he threatened as his teeth became coated in his venom.
       "Aiden stop we're all stressed and worried about Connor. He's all that matters now and finding who did this to him. I'm going to take a shower and when I get out, we all need to talk," I said before getting up from the bed and entering the bathroom.
       I locked the door and turned the shower on the hottest setting possible. I pulled my uniform off and stepped into the shower hissing from how hot the water was burning my skin. I didn't care if it hurt though. I let the water wash the blood from my body before I slid to the floor with my back on the tiled wall. I pulled my knees to my chest and finally let the tears fall freely. I had loud sobs escape my lips as I felt my chest tighten. I cried my heart out blaming myself. If they never met me or destined to me, they would all be safe. If I never came to this school but that would have only put my mother in danger, but I could have just ran. I could still run but Kieran and Jasper would be able to track my scent. I kept crying until I had no more tears, and I had a headache from all my crying. The water was starting to go cold. I turned off the shower and pulled on my robe. I left the bathroom to see all the guys on the bed meaning they heard me and my thoughts.
       "We don't blame you love," Nic said from his side of the bed.
        Aiden sat on the opposite side, "If you think about running, you're right those two will track you down and Jasper is a light sleeper too."
        "Besides," Kieran spoke up, "even if you weren't our mate, we would all be fighting each other to have you."
       I smiled at his words feeling their love for me through the bond. I sat down on the bed and sighed.
        "Did you guys catch the other scent that clung to him?" I asked as Jasper and Kieran nodded.
         "I've only known one thing to smell like that and that's usually rogue wolves. They're big and will attack anyone but wouldn't the school alert us if rogues were close by?" I asked wondering what the hell did that to him.
        "Either Dante's sire recruited some rogues or there's something much worse that smells like that," Kieran said grimly making Jax's eyes widen.
       "Ghouls. I've seen what they do to people they attack. It matches what Connor looks like. This was sent as a message to Lexi," Jax said as all his teeth turned to points.
       "I thought they preferred dead bodies and children and stuck to cemeteries," Aiden said with his eyes in slits.
       "True but if they were recruited by this Viktor guy the plan was to maul Connor to the point of death eat him and then transform into him and get the inside scoop on all of us or kidnap Lexi," Kieran said making everyone understand how badly that would have been.
      "Does Dante know you're fully mated yet Lexi?" Nic asked as I shook my head.
      "Only ones who know are Mia and her mate, Veronica, and Maple and her mates. I still smell like all of you and you guys smell like me now. Although he might know now. The whole class saw me go through agony when Connor got attacked. I could barely get out of class in time without falling to the ground," I said when there was a knock on our door.
       Nic went over and opened the door to see Veronica at our door. He let her in as she looked at all of us before tears welled up in her eyes.
       "I heard about Connor. Is he going to be okay?" she asked as a few tears slid down her cheek.
       "We won't know until he wakes up. His parents are on their way to see him. They might take him out of the school because of this. This is a place for supernaturals and we're being attacked, because of me. You might be a target too V. Did you find your mate?" I asked trying to change the subject.
       She shook her head chewing on her bottom lip, "I'm just going to have to wait another month for my birthday until I actually know. I just want a mate so badly. My mom and dad were mates, and my leader of the pride wants me to take over when he steps down but wants me to have a mate first."
      I smiled and gave her hand a squeeze to comfort her. Veronica decided to stay in our dorm with us until Connor woke up. None of us bothered to even go to sleep after she left to sleep in her dorm. I was cuddled on the couch with Nic and Jasper when my cellphone rang.
      "Hello?" I answered sounding tired.
      "Lexi? He's awake and wants all of you," the nurse said.
       I shot up and rushed to the closet to get dressed. I pulled on some jeans and a t shirt before we all left our dorm to the nurse's office. When we walked into the room, we saw Connor sitting up being supported by some pillows. He was getting some of the dressings on the wounds changed. He saw us and gave a weak smile. I rushed over and hugged him gently. I looked to my right to see his parents sitting down.
       "Connor what do you remember?" I asked needing to know what happened.
       "I was walking to class when that vamp was in the hall talking to a succubus from class, Valarie. I was close enough to hear him to tell her to use her allure on Kieran. Enough to make him cheat and put you through the pain for the mate bond to break. I went after him when they stopped talking and I followed him to the woods. He had ghouls there waiting for me," he sighed only to groan.
          I took a deep breath before gathering my thoughts. I looked back at the guys seeing them just as mad as I was.
          "You guys watch him this ends today. He's slowly taking everyone out to the point I'm alone," I said before standing up and using my speed to leave before they could stop me.
        I started down the halls knowing he was somewhere waiting thinking he was safe. I found his scent and followed it. I came in front of his dorm room. I kicked his door open to see he had a single dorm and didn't share it. He looked up shocked from his bed to see me. I walked in and slammed the door shut. He smiled only for me to pin him to the wall by his neck. He groaned in pain from how rough I did it.
       "Lexi, what a surprise," he wheezed.
       "You sent Cyrus after my best friend making her kill someone. You went after my mates more than once. This stops now Dante," I hissed gripping his neck tighter.
       "Actually, sweetheart it's only beginning. My sire has big plans for you. See it only takes a vampire older than you to compel you to sleep with them and give them a child that can't be killed like you and your daddy. To raise them as the perfect killing machine. My sire wants us to stop hiding in the shadows and show monsters are the apex predator. Imagine it Lexi. Humans enslaved as pets or breeding them to keep our food sources going. A true world that's friendly to our kind never being overlooked or forced to blend in with humans," he said getting out of my grip.
       I backed up as his words sank in, "You forgot my mother is human and so is your family?"
       "See if you chose me over your so-called mates, I could have asked Viktor to save your mother. For my family as you call them though. My mother is my only blood and even she's a piece of shit. My brother and sister half siblings," he said with a growl.
       I took a step back for each one he made towards me. I yanked hard on Aiden's bond realizing I might not get out of here unharmed.
Gorgeous where are you?
       My eyes widened realizing we could all actually talk without anyone hearing us now fully mated.
Dorm building room 248.
On my way.
       I felt my back hit a wall as Dante stalked towards me. His eyes locked on the last spot of my neck that was bare. No! He smiled evilly as he fangs came out.
Aiden hurry!
       "Let's see how your mates will feel knowing another man's teeth have been in your flesh," he said before he grabbed my throat to keep me still and sank his teeth into my neck.
       An ear-piercing scream left my lips as pain shot through my body. My marks burned and my body felt on fire. Suddenly Dante was ripped off me. I fell to the ground my neck still bleeding and I felt numb. I looked up to see Aiden punching Dante over and over again. I'm not sure of the damage Aiden did but after one last punch his hands were covered in blood and his eyes were in slits. He was breathing hard, and Dante didn't bother to get up, he looked unconscious. Aiden came over to me and saw my bleeding neck from the one bare spot on my neck I had left. He let out a hiss and scooped me up into his arms. I held onto him still not believing what happened. I felt sick, violated and dirty after having his fangs in me and drinking my blood. Aiden rushed me into the nurse's office, and she saw my neck only to gasp. All the guys let out a growl as all their thoughts entered my head.
We'll kill who did this to her.
That vamp is dead.
No one touches my mate.
I should break his fangs off.
I'll shred him until he's nothing but blood.
I already did some damage just stop guys.
      They all watched my neck get covered as I stayed quiet.
      "Lexi dear what happened?" Connor's mom asked.
      "The person who got Connor jumped this isn't the first time he's targeted us or someone I know. I tracked his scent and came to his dorm. He revealed some information to me about his sire's plans and caught me off guard. He got the upper hand on me and sank his teeth into my neck and drank my blood. He's not going to stop he said this was only the beginning and he's right," I said wincing from the pressure applied by the bandage.
       "Miss Lawrence, we need to call your parents and tell them what happened to you," the nurse said, and I nodded for her to call them.
       "So, he tries to kill me frame Mia for murder and then try to force blood mate you and this is just the beginning?" Connor said from his bed.
      I looked at the nurse and she nodded her head giving us privacy to talk. I looked down and chewed on my bottom lip.
     "His sire wants me to give him a child with the same ability that my dad that I have too. Unable to die and he wants to raise that child to be the perfect killing machine. He wants to expose monsters and show we are the apex predator around. Enslave humans no need to ever blend in again. He wants to turn humans into pets, slaves, breed them to make more and for vampires our own personal walking blood bag and sometimes sex slaves. His goal is for us to never blend in again and raise the perfect killer that can't die. Which I guess our kids will never die too. True immortality finally achieved," I said looking at all of them.
      "If Alex is keeping tabs on you and give updates then he'll be around here somewhere I'll go look for him. Break a few bones have a little chat with him," Aiden said before leaving the room.
      "So, he wants your child unable to die and that would mean," Nic said trailing off.
       "That if he gets his hands on me, he's going to rape me or compel me until I'm pregnant and give him a child and I'll never see daylight again," I said looking down.
      "We'll kill him before he can even touch you," Jasper said with a growl.
      I stilled hearing a deeper edge to his voice. I looked up as saw his eyes pure gold and looked more cat like. His tiger was in control.
       "The name's Alister pleasure," he said with a simple shrug of his shoulders.
       "So, you're the tiger that resides in my mate," I said in shock.
       "You would be correct just like Jasper you are my mate as well it's our job to keep you safe and happy. We would do anything for you," he said before kissing my cheek and letting Jasper have control again.
      He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, "He's a lot more polite and courtly than I am."
      I shook my head and saw the sun starting to rise. The nurse came back and sent an email to Connor's classes saying he would be missing them until healed or deemed fit to attend them again. She also sent one to my teachers saying I needed one day away from classes for my injury.
      "How come your bite didn't heal on the way here like most of your wounds?" Jax asked looking at my neck.
       "That's because a vampire's teeth are laced with a venom that causes the pain or pleasure the victim feels also making sure the blood doesn't clot or allow the wound to heal quickly. It should be healed by the time she wakes up for classes tomorrow," the nurse said, "and dear your father picked up and said he knows you can handle yourself but to call him when you can."
       I nodded my head, and I got up and gave Connor a kiss.
      "Let one of us know when you can come join our bed again. Just focus on getting better. I.... love you Connor," I said having everyone become shocked.
      "So, takes me almost dying for you to finally utter those words?" he said with a slight laugh only to wince.
      I kissed him one last time before the rest of the guys and I left for our dorm. We entered our dorm and I sighed exhausted. I pulled my clothes off only to pull on a big t shirt with underwear and fell onto the bed stomach down. The boys joined me in bed, and I cuddled Jax since Aiden wasn't back yet from searching for his brother. He pulled me close to him as I thought about what Connor said.
      "You guys know I love you all, right?" I asked hoping they knew.
      "We know baby doll," Kieran said with a yawn, "we all feel it through the bond."
      "I love you," I said to all of them.
      "I love you too," they said in unison.
       I smiled and closed my eyes falling asleep. All to soon I was woken up to Aiden coming back with a few cuts and bruises. He pulled off his shirt and pants before joining me in bed. I rolled over and looked at him. He had a black eye a busted lip and a few more cuts and bruises covering his face. I pursed my lips, and he just shrugged his shoulders.
      "I'll tell you all the info I got before classes," he said kissing my forehead.
       I nodded and rested my head on his chest as he held me close. Later that morning everyone's alarm went off and I groaned burying my face in Aiden's chest more. He chuckled and held me closer to him. He started to close his eyes again until Jax pulled the blanket off him keeping me covered. He glared at Jax.
       "Come on you're not excused like Lexi and Connor. By the way sweetheart headmaster wants to see you. Since you found Connor first and also Dante's slut reported you," he said not looking at me.
      I groaned and looked at the time. I groaned again and fell back on the bed cuddling the pillow that smelled like Aiden. The guys got ready for class, and all gave me a kiss before leaving. Aiden kissed me passionately before he stood to leave.
     "I love you Aiden," I said making him stop in his tracks.
      He turned and faced me, "I love you too gorgeous."
      He left the room, and I closed my eyes to get some more sleep only for a knock to happen on the door. I groaned and opened it to see Sophia, Dante's slut.
        "What do you want?" I said leaning on the door.
        "You need to leave my Dante alone," she said in a deadly tone making me laugh.
        "I'm sorry you said I need to leave him alone? Sweetheart I don't know what story of lies he told you, but I have no interest in him. Now I'll tell you, my side. Your lover as you call him got one of my mates jumped by ghouls in the woods almost killing him. He used Bethany to almost ruin a bond between my mate and I before mated, and we all saw what happened to her. He used Cyrus to mess with my best friend's head, Mia. She's in our class and the only other vamp that is okay with what I am. I went to his dorm to tell him his games were going to end. He said something that caught me off guard allowing him to get loose from my grip on his neck. He cornered me grabbed my neck turning my head to the side and bit the one area of my skin not covered by a mate mark and drank my blood," I said ripping the bandage off my neck showing the bite mark, "Go to him, see if his breath doesn't smell like my blood. He was going to force a bloodmate on me if my other mate didn't get there in time and beat him unconscious."
       She stood there shocked, and I shut the door on her face. I went to the fridge and grabbed a blood bag biting into it. I went to the closet still drinking from it holding it in place with my teeth and mouth. I changed into some cargo pants and a low-cut tank top. I pulled on my converse shoes and headed to the nurse's office. I walked into see Connor getting help into a wheelchair by his parents. He saw me and smiled.
       "Hey angel," he said finally settling on a nickname for me.
       I smiled back and went behind his wheelchair.
       "Ready to see the headmaster. You'll be fine not sure I will," I said as I started to push him to the headmaster's office.
       "I've heard him to be hard on hybrids just never seen it," he said as we went down the hall.
        "Kieran warned me about it before I arrived. He was part of my welcome party with Mr. August. Time for both of us to find out. I don't want Aiden mentioned we don't need him in trouble," I said as we approached his door.
       Connor nodded before knocking on the door. The door swung open to reveal Headmaster Atticus sitting at his desk. We walked in only for the door to shut with a flick of his wrist. I wheeled Connor close to the desk and took a seat on one of the plush chairs next to him. The headmaster lifted his head from the paperwork in front of him and looked at us. Connor and I both had our traits not on display today mainly because I didn't want to and was too painful for him in his condition.
        "Connor, I want you to tell me exactly what happened and then for you Lexi to tell me how you found Connor and everything up to the nurses office. After that I would like you to explain what happens between you and Dante," he said the last part with a glare pointed at me.
       Here we fucking go.