Chapter 4

My eyes flutter open. A soft breeze floats through the leaves of the green trees. Beams of sunlight are shining through the breaches and the fog. I lie on a soft bed of moss.

I have a headache, but I'm not tired at all, and the surroundings are a lot more peaceful. I look beside me. A guy with mid length black hair sits against the stem of a fallen tree. His eyes are blue and cold. He wears a thin, white coat with black highlights and patterns.

He is sharpening something, but I can't see what. I sit up and see a bandage around my arm. When the young man hears me, he turns around, facing me. I meet his cold gaze. "Aiden..."

My mind flashes back at the first time when I saw him. Being chained to a pole, he just stood aside and didn't say a word.

I look around me. There are enough other "Where are the others?" I ask. Aiden doesn't day a word and sharpens his knife. "Does King Hendrick know I'm here?" I ask. I can't hide the hint of fear in my voice. "No." Aiden doesn't look at me and blows the dust of his knife and hands it to me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "It's silver. You can use it against werewolves."

Is he helping me?

I take the knife from him. "Why would you help me?"I frown. "You're a werewolf yourself."
"Fillip was too, and he was a friend, wasn't he?"
"Yes, but we aren't. So why?"
He avoids my gaze. "You didn't judge him, not even when you saw his nature. Not every human does that."

The way he says it makes me sad. It's almost like he speaks from experience. "The pack will come after you. They will do everything they can to keep you as theirs. You should go."

"I have nowhere to go," I say. "If I would go back to my life, I bring everyone in danger."
"Not my problem," says Aiden. He turns away from me and walks away. "Wait! Do you know who Johannes Key is?" I ask. The werewolf stops walking. "Yes. But no one knows where he is. Good luck, human." He disappears into the fog, leaving me alone.

"Alright then..." I stand up and look around. It won't take long before they find me.

I walk away in a direction, hoping I will find something of use. The same feeling of being watched again comes over me.

Experience from the previous days, it can't be good. I run as fast as I can, my legs dragging me over the forest grounds. "No need to run, darling," I hear his voice in my head. Yet so loudly that it seems like he's standing next to me. I ignore his voice and don't stop running. After a while, I stopped to catch my breath. I look around. There is nobody.

Good.

Suddenly, there is growling behind me. I freeze in place. "Big mistake, little angel," I hear the familiar voice behind me. Close to my ear, I hear him growl in a kind of playful way. He knows I'm scared, and he enjoys it.

Before me, I see the second wolf. A black one. He transforms into Connor.

I'm dead...

I would love to pass out at the moment. I either won't very much feel the pain when they eat me or the torture. Suddenly, Connor grabs with a quick move my throat. I begin to choke while I grab his arm, but he is way stronger than me. "Johannes Key, huh?"

W-what?

Behind Connor, I see Aiden staring at me with his cold gaze as I choke.

I-it was a t-trick?!

Clayton lays his hand on Connor's shoulder. "We still need her alive," grins the wolf and leaves. Connor looks at him, annoyed before dropping me on the ground. I gasp for breath. "Lucky..."he growls. He grabs my neck and forces me back to their pack.

"Seems like we can't leave you alone at all," says King Hendrick. I glare at him.
Meanwhile, it was all clear. Aiden his help was an act in order to get information. Now they know I search for Johannes Key. I am mad at them, especially Aiden. How can he be so harsh? It's almost as harsh as Connor but in a different way.

"Go away," I mutter. "Why, because of Aiden? Don't you like the betrayal? Don't say you already trusted him, "he grins. "You're so naive. But I have good news, we are also looking for Johannes Key. So tell me, what did your friend tell you about him." I can feel the anger in me boiling. I'm tired, irrated, and a bit hurt. My friend just died. They really have no sympathy at all! 

I look the king in the eyes. "I know where he is," I lie. "Where?" The king comes closer to me. "He is in hell. Perhaps I can send you there. Just need a rock to beat you up, "I say.

Suddenly, a harsh sense of pain takes place on my cheeks, followed by a loud 'clap' sound.

Did he just slap me??

A claw pins me to the wooden wall, holding me by my throat. "I didn't like that tone at all, darling. Perhaps you have to just think about your actions." He grabs my wrist and drags me to a large metal cage. "Time enough to think about it," he throws me into the cage and locks the door.

When he's gone, I touch my cheek. It's warm, and it hurts as hell.

I lie down and try to get some sleep and hope it will get better...