Chapter 14

Mina looks at me, waiting for my answer. "I-I don't know...", I manage to speak out. It feels like I'm fighting a war against myself. Somewhere, I want to stay but I have too many things going on. Jonah I think I'm still hiding in the bushes, King Hendrik and his clan coming after me, and my journey to Johannes Key. "Take your time, when you make your decision, let me know." We smile warmly at each other. 

Suddenly, the curtain opens and Jonah walks in with his crossbow. "What the hell are you doing here?!", he says a bit angry. He lowers his crossbow. Mina shakes from head to toe as she sees the hunter. "I got curious", I reply. "I-I thought you were alone", says Mina. I can see the hint of betrayal in her eyes. I turn to Mina. "Mina, this is Jonah. Jonah this is Mina. Jonah is... a friend of mine", I tell her. "He isn't going to hurt you." "I'm not?", asks Jonah. "No, you're not! She is kind and perhaps she can help us", I say. Jonah looks uninterested. "Frankly, I do not care", he says. I grab Jonah's arm that holds the crossbow. I look directly into his eyes with a serious expression on my face. "We are not killing her." I can feel the tension rise, and the small little hair on my body stands up. Jonah's eyes darken. He looks down at me with an intimidating gaze. Then he looks at Mina, who still looks scared at Jonah. 

Jonah lets out a sigh and his body relaxes. I still am holding his arm. My face softens. "I should've never taken you with me...", he softly says. "W-what?", I ask. "You heard me." Jonah turns back into his stern, cold usual self. "It would have been better for me if I didn't take you with me. Perhaps it would also count for Fillip." 

I look at Jonah in disbelief, a tear prickling my eye. "Are you blaming me... for Fillip's death?" Jonah is quiet for a while, which gives me my answer. I let go of him and take a few steps back, away from him. "Unbelievable..." "That's not what I said", says Jonah. "That's exactly what you said!" I feel hurt, I feel anger and sadness... disappointment. 

"I didn't mean it like that, (name)..." Jonah sounds kind for once, careful. But I'm not buying it, not really. Before I can properly think about it I turn to Mina. "I want to stay... if your offer still counts." Mina nods her head. "Then you can stay, (name)", she says and smiles at me. "You've got to be kidding me", says Jonah. "You're coming with me and I bring you to Johannes Key", he says quickly. "How?", I ask. "There is a full clan after me, how can one hunter bring down a whole clan?" 

Jonah doesn't reply but still stares at me. "How?", I repeat calmly. "I don't know...", he finally replies. "I don't know... but I'll find a way. I always find a way, I'll kill the whole clan if I have to", says Jonah. "I don't want you to die for my sake." I step closer to Mina. Jonah glares a bit but respects my decision. "Alright then. But when I find a way, will you come with me?" he asks. I nod my head in response. "That's a deal then, I come and get you when we're ready." He turns to Mina and glares at her. "And you, wolf. If you touch a single hair on her head, I swear that I won't hesitate to put a spike through your heart." Mina doesn't reply to it, she still looks a bit afraid of him. Jonah goes out of the tent, he glances a last time at me before disappearing into the night. 

Mina looks back at me with a smile. "Ready to meet the clan?", she asks. I nod at her. "Let's get this over with."

Aiden sees Jonah glipping away back into the forest... without (name). He jumps off the tree and transforms into his wolf form and runs over to the clan. When he arrives, Connor is fighting against a clan member. Like usual he wins the duel and lets out his small low chuckle. "You win... you win...", says the member and looks up to Conner, who has the power over him. Aiden transforms back. Liam's ears perk up. Curious to hear if there is any news. "Aiden..." King Hendrik walks up to him, suddenly it seems the whole clan is silent. "The hunter left the wolf clan, without a shot and... without (name)." A smile forms upon his lips. "So the human switched sides, eh?" The king chuckles a bit and turns to the rest of the clan. "You know what that means..." 

I follow Mina to the large fire, she holds my hand. You'd think it's soft like babyhands but it isn't, it rough and hard. Somehow I can't help but get a bad feeling, for a split second I'd like to call Joma back but I don't.

After all, it will be okay... right?

The cheering and dancing becomeslohder till we're very close. There are many wolves, male wolves. They don't seem to notice us at first. Some are dancing around the fire, others are sitting in a circle with drinks in their hands, chatting enthusiasticly. It's quite the opposite from king Hendriks clan.

"Hello boys, I got a friend with me!", Mina yells loudly enough to let everyone here. The music stops and they stop what they're doing. They turn to us.

I feel uncomfortable as all eyes are on me...