Chapter Fourteen

*I highly recommend listening to Chemtrails Over the Country Club by Lana Del Rey*

Peter and I got closer to the camps once again, and my mind wondered closer and closer to thinking about his and Wendy's relationship. Had they really had sex? Did he really love her?
We hit the ground, and Pan held out his hand for me to grab. He led me to our hut, and once we got inside, I collapsed on my bed. Pan did too, and I didn't want to look at him. But he did, and I felt his eyes on me.
When I slowly got out of my position on the bed and looked at the boy, he smiled at me. The smile that I hadn't seen for months. The smile that Wendy had received instead of me. Instead of smiling back, I started to cry.
I couldn't stop. It was a never ending flow of tears from my eyes, leaking onto my bed and down my face.
Pan got up from his bed and came over to me, gently sitting next to me. "Hey, hey." His voice was soft. "Why're you crying?"
I sobbed harder, not being able to give him an answer, instead crying in his arms. How could I tell him that he had broken my heart when he gave his to Wendy?
After a couple minutes, my hiccups became quiet and my tears slowed. I leaned back on Pan. He smiled at me, his green eyes sparkling as he looked at me.
"I..." I sighed. How could I put this? "These past couple of months, you haven't given me the slightest bit of attention, and you've been giving all of it to Wendy. After we had sex for the first time, I thought we were going to be something after it, but instead you found comfort in Wendy. And just ignored me. You constantly defended her, and you even hurt me while trying to protect her. Was I nothing to you?"
When I finished, Pan was quiet and didn't meet my gaze. We were both silent for exactly 272 seconds, before he opened his mouth.
"Chloe. I deeply love you. More than you could ever understand. I'm sorry I haven't been showing you that. You don't understand how many things you make me feel, what you do to me. And I'm scared because of it. I've never felt these things for anyone else, and I've been afraid of it." Pan looked up, his emerald eyes glossy.
"Wendy was merely a distraction. I thought that if I tried to love her, it would stop my love for you. But instead it made it stronger. The passion got stronger, the wanting. Wendy is nothing compared to you. I've been terrified of loving you because I've had almost no experiences with it." Pan was sobbing, and he had buried his head in my head as I hugged him.
"When I hurt you, I was enraged with myself. I wanted to apologize and explain, but I saw you heading to the hot springs. So I went there too, and that's when I saw you with Felix. Felix is my best friend, so when I realized you two were hooking up, I was a bit jealous." Pan blushed, and I laughed. I wiped his tears from his face. The little bit of warmth that I had left for Pan came back, but stronger and warmer this time. My heart swelled for this broken boy.
"I'm so, so sorry for ever hurting you, Chloe." Peter looked at me with his puppy eyes. "I've always loved you, and I'm sorry that I didn't make it so clear."
I smiled at Peter. "I've loved you too, Peter." His eyes brightened, and he tilted his head down to kiss me.
I broke it first, and I grabbed his hand. A look of confusion came across his face. "Where are you taking me?"
I rolled my eyes. "Just shut up and follow me."
I heard him make a comment about how I was sassy today.
We ran out of the hut, and making sure he was still behind me, I ran into the woods.
Peter got the hint, and started to chase me through the forest. I giggled as he got whacked continuously with branches and whatnot.
When I reached the peer to the water, I stopped, expecting Peter to stop too.
Instead, he pushed me into the water, making us both soaked from head to toe.
I gasped out loud, and Peter laughed at me. I looked back at him, his golden eyelashes carrying little water drops.
Peter gazed at me, his eyes filling with love. I grabbed his neck and wrapped my legs around him, making us become close together. I kissed his forehead, making my way down to his cheek before I looked into his two eyes.
"I love you so much." I whispered, relishing the time we were spending together.
"I love you too." He said in ear as he kissed down to my neck.

Author's note: guys one more chapter to go! get ready for tom kaulitz fan fic!
also, you guys should read the shatter me series rn. it's so good omfg
GOOD MORNING MY LOVELIES AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS!