ONE

Omniscient Point of View
June 1st 2018
HCA Memorial Hospital

"Mrs. James, we want to thank you for coming in today. We did view your test wand we have some unfortunate news"

Mrs. James, a 60 year old resident was having trouble breathing in the past year and decided to investigate the issue.

However the issues she was faced with, was more than serious.

"I can handle it doctor"

"Ok well ... your in the final stages of breast cancer. We see you only having 3-6 months left maybe less"

This news left Mrs. James disappointed. She thought she was doing better. But unfortunately she wasn't.

As she sighed, she smiled at the doctor.

"Thanks for the news doctor" Lori James smiled.

The doctor grabbed her hand and tried to cheer her up as the tears rolled down her face.

"Awwn baby you don't feel sorry for me. I've lived a good long life for 6 decades but I'm tired"

Lori James leaves the hospital, gets into her 2017 Nissan rogue and drives home.

London James
June 1st 2018
Jacksonville , Florida

"Girl yes I can't wait to go to Jacksonville University! I hope we be roomies" I expressed to my friend Tasha

I heard grannie enter the house.

"Hold on Tasha, I'll be back"

I exit my room and look half way down the stairs to see grannie closing the door.

"Oh hey Lolo"

"Hey grandma , you okay?"

"Uh not really baby. Come down here please, we need to talk"

I hope she ain't find out about Dorian , the guy I been sneaking in the house for the past year.

We walked to the kitchen and I watch my grannie look at the tv then she looked at me.

"London?"

"Yes ma'am.."

"I really don't know how to tell you this baby but I have to send you back to Chicago..."

What? Why?!

"Huh? Why grandma? I've been here since I was 14, I don't wanna move back there" I whined.