37. Floating

Tell Me I'm Alive- All Time Low

After many, many unbelievable and mind-blowing rounds, involving both Mason and Kurt at some points, they both settle on either of my sides. I am drowsy, but still awake. I am floating on a cloud that I can't see coming down. My body is blissfully sore and glistening in sweat. After a few minutes, Mason rises up on his elbow and begins massaging my back. I am laying on my back due to the blossoming bruises forming across my ass. The cool air soothes it a bit, but it is beginning to become a bother. My brows pull together and Mason senses my discomfort.

"What is it, baby? What do you need?" He asks gently, pushing the hair out of my eyes. He is once again the gentle giant from the first day I met him. I love both sides of him but I could drown in the sweetness of his eyes.

"My ass is really starting to hurt, love. Can you please get me an ice pack or something?" My voice is hoarse and my throat is dry. "And maybe some water too, if it isn't too much trouble." I hear a chuckle rumble through his chest and see my smirk form on his face.

"You did so well for your first time getting rough. Anything you need after anything like that is yours. All you have to do is ask baby." His rough voice is almost soft for a moment and my heart melts. He pecks me on the forehead and rushes from the room.

"He is intense," Kurt says after a moment. We both burst into giggles and can't speak for a moment. "I loved seeing you with him, how your body reacted to him. It's so different from our relationship and that side of you is amazing. Although, I will always prefer to be told what to do by you, my love." His hand caresses my face softly and I couldn't be happier. At that moment, things were perfect. Nothing could have made it better. Mason returns shortly after out giggling fit with a tray. I lean up on my elbows and see that he has brought an ice pack, three glasses of water, and a single black rose. What a darling.

I sip the water while he applies the ice pack to my ass and Kurt continues the massage. I sigh in relief as the ice pack touches my skin. I sit in perfect silence as the two most amazing men in the world take care of me. The way they touch me is almost in worship. They pay special attention to every area of my body, not stopping until I am fully at peace. I drift in and out of sleep, but they never stop. At some point, a conversation begins between the two and I was half asleep.

"What's the deal with the other guy?" I hear Mason ask softly and I know he is referring to Sebastian and I am definitely interested to hear what Kurt has to say about him.

"That's Sebastian. He's her dark mate. To be honest, I have no clue what his deal is, but I have been trying my hardest not to punch him in the throat." I hear Kurt chuckle softly. I assume he opens his mind to Mason and shows him everything that has gone on because quiet growls echo through the room.

"He doesn't deserve her. What an ass." I hear Kurt hum in agreement as he runs his hands gently up my arms.

"She is absolutely amazing. I don't understand how I got so lucky." Kurt says quietly. I keep my breathing even, making sure to not give any indication that I am awake.

"I definitely don't deserve her. I'm terrified to mate with her." For the first time, I heard a crack in Mason's voice. There was a vulnerability that broke my heart.

"Why would you be scared? It is the single best thing I have ever experienced. I've been alive for centuries and it is still the best night of my existence." Kurt questions him gently.

"I don't want her to see me any differently. I've done things, in my life, that I am honestly ashamed of. I couldn't handle it if she looked at me with judgment." That is the single longest statement I've ever heard him make and I want to tell him that I could never and nothing he did in his past would affect the way I see him. However, I'm supposed to be asleep, not eavesdropping.

"I wouldn't be so quick to think that. She has seen every crevice of my mind and every bad thing I've done. Some things I am definitely ashamed of. She doesn't care. Don't miss out on a life-changing experience because you are afraid." I can't help it, I roll onto my back and both of them look surprised. Mason won't meet my eyes.

"My wise cub. Thank you for telling him that. You are amazing and I love you more than my own life." I cup Kurt's face gently and give him a short but love-filled kiss. Then I turn to Mason and cup his rugged face between my hands. "Look at me, love," I tell him gently and his eyes raise to meet mine. That icy blue cuts deep into my soul and I almost lose my train of thought. I scramble to make sure I don't falter. "First and foremost, you are here with me now. You aren't in a time when you did horrible things and you won't ever have to be again. You are safe." I see a child locked away inside of him, desperately looking for affection. I know he has had a tough life, but I wasn't sure of the extent. There was no telling how deep the wounds ran. "Secondly, nothing could make me look differently at you. Did you kill people? We all have. Did you torture people? I have. You have lost your fucking mind and done things you can't even remember? I have. Killed someone you thought you loved because they decided to kill you? I have. There is no judgment here. I will never pressure you into anything, but know that I am here when you decide you are."

Tears form in his eyes and I kiss them as they fall. This man has never cried a day in his life and he trusted me to do so. I feel honored to have shared this moment with him. I brush his hair back and continue to stroke his face and chest. He is deserving of being taken care of as well, just like Kurt. I will make sure that he never feels unsafe with me and that he knows that no matter what, I am here for him. I will protect him with my life, just as I have with Kurt. I would go to war for him.

There is a knock on my door and I quickly get up, grimacing at the pain in my ass. I throw on a robe quickly and crack the door just a bit. Siobhan is standing behind the door almost bouncing in excitement.

"You aren't broken!" I roll my eyes at her suggestive statement and she continues. "Come on, Mayslee. You have to get ready to meet your people. You two as well." She calls over my shoulder. I look back at them and Mason's smirk has returned with an almost hopeful twinge. Kurt is not hiding his staring at my ass. Both of them begin to get up and head to the bathroom. "I need every detail. You are going to spill everything while I get you ready."

"What do you mean? I can get myself ready." I am confused by her wanting to get me ready. Anyone in the castle could do that.

"We need to talk. So, I volunteer my services to get you ready to meet my people." Her voice is suggestive and serious at the same time, so I guess we do have more to talk about than sex.