eleven

06/10/23 - 06/12/23

3:15 pm

Melena walked towards the locker room to change for track practice an hour later. after changing into a black under armor t-shirt, black heat gear shorts and her black & white spikes, she made her way down to coach p's classroom.

while she walked, her beats headphones blasting in her ears. lena felt someone tap her shoulder, making her shrug them up and mug the air.

she hated when people tapped her

she pulled the headphones to her neck and looked back.

she saw notti staring at her with a mug of his own. "what is you lookin at me like that fa?" she asked. "you know you heard me callin yo name." ethan rolled his eyes.

"music loud, sorry, bookie."

"you boutta go to coach class now or you boutta walk around?" he asked. "i was boutta go to her class cuz i got missing work" she responded, pausing the music so that it wasn't on a different song when she started listening to it again.

"oh, ight, imma pick you up, text me when you ready. bye, ma." ethan said as he pecked her lips. "ight, bye, pooka wook" melena gave him another one, calling him names she knew he didn't like. "stop callin me dat shit" he laughed before walking away

she put her headphones back on and unpaused it, 'poetic justice' beginning to play.

when melena entered the cold classroom, she saw her usual seat was opened so she sat in it. she walked to the back of the room and placed her bookbags down, grabbing her folder with all her missing work inside and getting straight to work.

4:30 pm

study hall was finally over and coach p told all the team members that haven't changed to go ahead.

as the rest of them waited, melena took off her headphones and put them in her school bookbag. she leaned back in her chair, putting her hair in a high bun, adding a headband also.

"hey, nana..." a male voice called out. melena rolled her eyes and took the deepest inhale she's taken in a while. she ignored him and kept looking in front of her. "nana, you know you hear me." he tapped her shoulder.

"bro..." she mumbled before popping his hand. "keep yo mf hands off me, nigga. what df do you want" she mugged him mad hard while facing him. "can we like, be cool again? ever since what happened with you and marcus and micheal, i feel like life is too short for us to end off where we did." he ranted.

melena had turned back around when he asked the first question. "bro, are you listening?" he asked. "hn, say it again."

he sighed. "life is too short for us to end how we did, nana. your situation with marc and mike made me realize that it was all my fault."

"stop callin me dat shit, Calvin. that is ahunnit percent your fault, and i'm not makin up shit witchu. it went down how it went down cs you did whatchu did."

calvin was an ex FLING from EARLY 2021 who went crazy over her and when she cut stuff off with him, he got his cousins, Marcus and Micheal to start beefing with ray and rallo which led to everything going down.

"don't call my gov. yk what they call me."

"nigga, nobody call you that but ya bum ass cousin. your name is calvin germain smith, why df would i call you p rock? shit don't even make since."

"so are we good?"

"hn"

the rest of the teammates came back into the room with all black shirts and shorts. "red robin," coach called out, "yum"