Auditions

"Okay um one at the time please. Calm down." A lizard shouts as Alexis and other animals are waiting in line to be auditioned after finding posters that are giving away a lot of money for the winner.

*Timeskip*

"Wow. That guy's not bad." Alexis thinks as she is watching a gorilla sing on stage as she is waiting with some other animals.

"Wow! Thank you Johnny!" A koala says as the gorilla gets off the stage.

"I thought you were really good." Alexis says kindly as the gorilla looks at her.

"Oh um. Thank you uh..." Johnny says.

"Alexis." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Nice to meet you Alexis." Johnny says kindly.

"Okay next up we have Alexis." The koala says.

"Good luck out there." Johnny says.

"Thanks Johnny. Best of luck to you too." Alexis says as she goes out onto the stage and picks up the mike.

*This song being sung is called Still Alive by Lisa Miskovsky*

Alexis Singing

You have changed
I have changed
Just like you
Just like you

For how long
For how long
Must I wait
I know there's something wrong

Your concrete heart isn't beating
And you tried to
Make it come alive

No shadows
Just red lights
Now I'm here to rescue you

Oh I'm still alive

*Song Over*

"Thank you miss Alexis. That was simply beautiful." The koala says as Alexis smiles.

"Oh. Thank you." Alexis says as she gets off the stage.

*Timeskip*

"Hello! Uh can I have everybody back to stage please? Everyone come back to stage for selections." The lizard says as everyone goes onto the stage.

"All right. Let's see now. I'll take... You guys. And which one of you is the girl?" The koala says as he goes up to some porcupines.

"Ha ha. Very funny." The girl porcupine says.

"Loud and horrible but shows promise. Welcome to the show." The koala says.

"Heh cool. I guess we could hang." The male porcupine says.

"No, no. I just want her not you. All right the rest of the group acts thank you so much. Oh don't feel bad folks. There'll be a 10% discount on tickets for everyone! Okay soloists. Johnny, Mike, Alexis, Pete, Richard, Daniel, and Ray." The koala says as everyone but the soloists leave before he picks out Alexis, Mike, Pete, and Johnny.

"I made it." Alexis thinks happily.

"Okay. That's everyone on my list. Okay. You are my chosen few. This is it folks! A defining moment in all of our lives!" The koala says before he partners Rita up with Gunter as everyone then leaves.

"Hey Moon. What's the story? Is the prize really inside this thing?" Mike asks.

"The prize? Oh sure. Yes it's all- It's all in there." Buster says as he gestures to a chest.

"Well open it will ya? I wanna see what $100,000 looks like." Mike says.

"Sure I'll open it. Wait. What did you say?" Buster asks.

"He said $100,000." A sheep says.

"A hundred- Uh... I forgot my keys. Koala be right back." Buster says as he leaves with Miss Crawly.

*Timeskip*

"Okay everybody listen up! I gotta send you all home. Right now. Yep 'cause like my dad used to say get a good night's sleep and do the great day's work! That's right. Rehearsal's begin first thing tomorrow morning. And if you want become stars and win 100 grand then you better be ready to work harder then you've ever worked in your lives. So get some sleep and dream big dreams!" Buster says as he comes into the room before everyone cheers.

*Timeskip*

"This contest is war! This stage is the battlefield. Your song is your weapon. Now you only get one shot to blow that audience away so choose carefully from the list of songs I've selected of each of you. Ah talked some sense into that boyfriend of yours?" Buster says as he hands the group papers.

"Lance is an artist but I wouldn't expect you to understand that." Ash says.

"You're right. I don't understand that at all. Now you'll notice each list also includes my costume and performance suggestions. Okay? Miss Crawly will show you to your rehearsal spaces. Now let's get to work!" Buster says.

"Excuse me Mr. Moon? For some reason it says here that I should be playing the piano?" Johnny asks.

"Yes just imagine. Big soulful guy like you tenderly playing the keys. There'll be goosebumps everywhere!" Buster says.

"Well I haven't played piano since I was a kid." Johnny says.

"Miss Crawly! We're gonna need some piano lessons over here." Buster says.

"Hey I'm not good with a guitar. I'm not sure-" Alexis then gets cut off by Buster.

"Ash you play the guitar. Why don't you two pair up for rehearsal. You can help each other." Buster says.

"Sorry Ash." Alexis says as she looks at Ash.

"No worries. I guess I can teach you. You can help me by giving me feed back on my own performance. I got to check with Mr. Moon about this list he gave me. I'll be back." Ash says as she goes over to Buster before the lights go out.

"Okay everybody. Don't panic, don't for Pete's sake. Okay don't worry everybody. I will take care of this. In the meantime you will continue to rehearse in the dark." Buster says as he leaves.

"You want us to do what now?" Alexis asks as the others express concern.

"Okay you heard him. Back to work now! Come on everybody." Miss Crawley says.

*Timeskip*

"I still don't get these notes. I've got everything else down." Alexis says as she is struggling with her guitar.

"Well maybe try a different song?" Ash asks.

"I would but they all have similar notes." Alexis says as buster comes into the room.

"I am not singing this!" Ash shouts.

"And I can't figure out the notes to these songs. I'd be better off with my own music." Alexis says.

"What's not to like? You're female and you're a teenager. This song was made for you. As for you miss Alexis why not try a different genre? There's some different ones on the list." Buster says.

"Wow. It's like you can see inside my tiny teenage mind." Ash says sarcastically.

"I know right? You just gotta add some moves and a little bit of..." Buster says as he sings a pop song.

"Oh you mean like this?" Ash says as she sings the song.

"There you go. You're a natural!" Buster says as he leaves.

"I was joking." Ash says.

"Well looks like we're stuck with these routines." Alexis says.

"Unfortunately." Ash says.