02|CONTRACT

CONTRACT

CONTRACT.

FEAR AND CONFUSION SURGED THROUGH YOUR BODY, STOPPING WORDS FROM EXITING YOUR MOUTH

The boy still sat on the piano bench, waiting for you to say something.

"Do you not like my gift?" He asked, breaking the silence.

His question brought you back into your senses, and you forced yourself to speak.

You could hear the fear and hesitation in your voice, and hoped the boy didn't.

"Y-Yes...um..." You nervously answered, eyes glued to the floor.

"Is there something else you'd like to ask?" The boy's voice said, sending chills down your spine.

"Um...well, are...are you going to kill me too?" You quietly asked.

A long silence followed your question, and your eyes stayed staring at the ground.

Although all you could see was the bloodied floor, something told you that the boy had a strong reaction to what you asked.

After a few more seconds of silence, you heard the sound of the piano bench moving, and the boy getting off of it.

You squeezed your eyes, and used all you had left in you not to cry.

As his footsteps drew nearer, you began reminiscing all of your happiest memories.

Ones with your mother when she was kind, brushing your hair, singing and playing the piano for you, holding your hand on walks through the park.

And others with Cheshire, petting him, snuggling into bed with him, feeding him treats, and playing with him for hours.

The boy's footsteps stopped in front of you, as you opened your eyes slowly, getting a view of his shoes.

"Me? Kill you?" He asked, almost jokingly.

Without a warning, his arms wrapped around your body, bringing you close to him.