00|CAT

CAT

CAT.

A CURIOUS LITTLE GIRL APPROACHED THE PARK BENCH CAREFULLY

A soft meow came from underneath the wooden bench.

Crouching down, you slowly lowered yourself to the ground.

Under the shadow of the bench was a grey cat with black stripes, sitting in the shade.

"A cat!" You smiled in delight.

You reached under the bench, and gently lowered your hand towards the cat.

With another meow, it inched back further into the shadows.

"Oh, I love cats. Though I wish this one wasn't so shy. I wonder if I'm scaring it..." you pouted, retracting your hand.

You let out a sigh, before continuing to talk.

"I'm not even sure if my parents would allow me to have a cat. If I could, I'd have many cats! And we'd all be best friends. In my dreams that is." You added

As you rambled on, the cat started to come out from the shadow of the bench, and went towards you.

You finally noticed it when it rubbed itself against your leg, and meowed.

You let out a gasp, before placing both your hands on it, and picking it up.

"Cat!" You happily said, lifting the cat to the sky.

It's grey fur swayed in the slight wind, it's back to the clear sunny sky.

"I'll name you...Cheshire! Cheshire cat! How does that sound?" You pondered, then asked.

The cat just meowed.

"Would you like to come with me?" You asked the cat, not expecting it to answer.

The cat just meowed.

"You see, Cheshire, in my dreamland, you wouldn't say 'Meow'. You would say 'Yes, miss Y/N!'" You told Cheshire, placing yourself down on the park bench.

Cheshire just meowed again.

"Oh but you see, you would! You'd be like a person, Cheshire. In my dreamland, you could talk, and we'd walk down a lively path filled of flowers with extra special powers! There would be parties that dragged on for hours, and fun that would never end. Why, my world would be a dreamland!" You finished.

You smiled down at Cheshire, and you swore you saw him...smile back.