III.

"Lady Lavigne!"

A group of maids, both the twins ladies-in-waitings had called from about a meter awy, hurriedly jogging up to the nobles as they held the front part of their long dresses in their palms.

Annalise began to pout, crossing her arms as she complained to the maids, "It's evening already? Cant we tell our instructors to reschedule our lessons another day? Just this once!" She tries to persuade, her right hand holding up her index finger as her left wrapped around it.

Although, it was no use. Annalise's lady in waiting shook her head with a frown and began to help the younger twin out of her seat as she began to talk, "My lady, the dance master is on his way! We musnt make hm wait!" She exclaims, making the noble sigh and turn to her elder sister.

"I will come visit you later tonight. Goodluck, Annika." She says with a tight smile, waving goodbye with her free hand as her maid begun leading her away into the manor forcibly. Annalise's coral colored dress which had been first hand woven wool had started to drag away onto the pavement following behind her as well as a scent of bouquets and roses appearing after her.

Annika was broke from thought as her maid called out her name for what seemed like the 10th time.

"My lady! We must go!" The brown haired servant said in worry, making annika sheepishly smile as she quickly rose from her seat, beginning to hurry into the mansion to same way Annalise had previously did just seconds earlier.

When she was brought into her chamber, there had already been more maids waiting for her there to prepare for her first impression, in hopes to all would go well despite the odd noble their lady would be meeting shortly.

Carefully, Annika was bathed. Her servants made sure to spray the best perfume she had owned into the bathwater beforehand and even went the extra mile to drop fress crimson red rose petals into the tub.

They quickly attended to the woman. They scrubbed her skin with soap, even the spots where no dirt or filth could be seen. When her body was cleaned, they targetted her damp dim long strands of hair, making sure that by the time her head was dry, it would be and appear more rich and smooth the lady has ever had it.

After her quick bath, she was quickly brought out wrapped in a thick blanket to give her warmth shortly.

Despite the training she would be doing, she was still expected to wear a dress due to the standards of society and being a woman in the locust empire. Even though the lady had such a disadvantage due to her attire, if she had messed up just even the sligighest bit, she would be critiszied by the men whom hold such weak values on women for having the audacity at attempting things only men should do.

Annika paid no attention to those facts. As she knew people would talk about her either way behind her back, but never to her face. She was a noble. A very powerful one as well, even though she's just the grand dukes eldest daughter. Her life had been given to her with a silver spoon-

No, a golden spoon.

The young woman had nothing to worry about at all. She could splurge as much as she wanted, eat whatever she wanted, do whatever she wanted, and have whatever she wanted without the fear that most commoners have of not being able to survive.

So, why should she care about the words of others.. When they have neither a silver spoon or a golden one?

Even though she was wearing a dress, it was far more lighter than any of the other dresses young ladies would wear when they went to the capital or window shopped various expensive places. Annika didnt even need to wear a bodice where it's leather would surround her ribs and be tightly pulled to the point where if she had just taken more than 5 steps at a time, her waist would snap.

When she looked at herself in the mirror as she wore such clothes, passersby would have said she looked like a commoner if only it werent for her unbearable beauty.

The lady was carefully guided a seat on her bed, the maids quickly grabbing a pair of boots and setting them on the floor just below where her legs hovered, putting each foot in it's belonging shoe and tying it's laces.

Just as about the servants were done tidying up her hair, the butler had knocked on the door in request of entry.

"My lady, may I come in?"

Annikas head unconvisously turned to the doors before her gaze turned to one of the maids who had just been standing beside vanity as she other servants continued to work on her hair, signaling the young girl to let the man inside her bedroom.

When the butler stepped inside the room, he immediately spoke, "Marquess Riley is here, my lady. He's waiting for you in the sitting room."

The maids around Annika gasp like they had no news at all of the marquess and the young lady arranging to meet this evening. Despite their worried looks, annika sighed, forcing a smile as she nodded to the aged man, "Tell the marquess i'll be there shortly." She explains, turning her head back to the vanity as the maids went back to finishing her hair as they would need to move on to her makeup next.

The masked man sits comfortably on a couch made and cushioned by velvet with designs embroidered on it's surface of a pale color, roughly resembling his skin as his calloused fingers traced over the designs on the furniture as he waited patiently.

The butler had knocked on the door loudly, making the man perk his eyes to the source of noise, and immediate stand up.

"Lady Lavigne is now entering." the man said, opening the doors which revealed the woman in question.

‎chapter 3, end