Before

Everything was perfect. Every morning Grian got up to go pester Mumbo. And everyday Scar would use his elytra and more likely than not, dive headfirst into a wall and die.

They would all go off meeting various hermits and get there tasks done for the day. Occasionally at dinner Xisuma would host a feast somewhere for all the hermits to catch up, but most of the time, hermits just ate with 2 or 3 of their friends, but they never ate alone. It was the perfect server.

Grian woke up this morning and pulled out his red sweater in the closet. It had to large holes on the back for his wings to go through. He had them hemmed just to his liking by StressMonster.

Grian came out of his rock-themed house and looked over to Mumbo's base. It was in walking distance so instead of flying, like he usually does, he just strolled over there.

Mumbo who seemed to have just woken up, came out his vault with a tired expression on his face. He and Grian met about 20 blocks from Mumbo's base.

"Hey Mumbo!" Grian exclaimed in an almost revolutionizing voice. Mumbo rubbed his eye while he yawned. His tie was untied and his hair was a mess but he still greeted Grian with a warm smile.

"Morning Grian," Mumbo returned the greeting. Grian was always the morning person of the two and already woke up to have a cup of tea by this hour.

Mumbo glanced down at his watch. 8:00am. "We should get going to Scarland if we want to make it to the so called "breakfast" he prepared."

Grian nodded and accompanied his flightless friend on the walk to Scars magical theme park. He had broken his elytra a few days ago and hadn't had the time to fix it.

When they got to the entrance Scar was waiting with a smile so big, you would've thought he was a kid on Christmas.

The moment they got within speaking distance Scar announced," Gentlemen, gentlemen. Welcome to Scarland! The divine meal I have planned for you is just at the castle."

After making their way up to the castle they found Scar had made not the expected eggs or waffles, but an enormous assortment of cookies. Cookies of all shapes and flavors lined tables upon tables in the grand hall.

Grian and Mumbo we're expecting something cookie related because he had been consuming only cookies for practically the entire season, they just weren't expecting this many.

    After they managed to keep their jaws off the floor, they glanced back at Scar who's face was just lit up. Grian smiled," Thank you Scar, this looks lovely."

Mumbo agreed politely and took a seat at a circle table with chocolate chip and sugar cookies. Grian and Scar joined him and they all took a cookie and held it up in the air as if they were the three musketeers.

"Cheers!" They joked in unison, before taking a bite. "What are your plans today Mumbo?" Scar said to start a conversation.

"Um well you know me. I'll probably check a few machines here and there, but other than that, I've got a free schedule for today." Mumbo then looked over at Grian who was fiddling his thumbs.

He can't have Chocolate chip cookies (for obvious reasons) and he can only handle so many sugar cookies. "Grian?" Mumbo asked with an innocent look in his eyes.

"Yea Mumbo?"

"What are you doing today?" Mumbo asked. "Well for the most part nothing." Grian continued, " I am however, going to check on the rift and run some tests."

This got both Mumbo and Scars attention. Scar stopped eating his cookie and turned to look at Grian,"Why? You remember what happened last time you tempered with that random energy source in the wall."