Chapter 13: Masks

A-kun: A little peek of my next project~

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Kiyotaka's PoV

As I lean back in my chair and take a sip of my warm chocolate milk, my eyes wander over to my bed where the sound of soothing music fills the air. Shiroi lies comfortably on my bed, her eyes glued to her phone. A bandage wraps around her left hand, which is clearly a result of a recent injury. I assume it's nothing serious, but I can't help but wonder how it happened.

A few moments pass before I speak up, breaking the silence. "So, why are you in my room again?"

Shiroi looks up from her phone and smiles at me, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Why, to hang out with my dear childhood friend, of course. Can't I?" she replies in a tone that is both teasing and affectionate.

"You can, but why in my room always?" I ask, curious as to why she seems to prefer my space over her own.

Shiroi grins at me and shrugs. "Because my room gets almost invaded every day by my other dear friends, so I invade your room," she says. "Plus, your bed is super comfy."

I chuckled at Shiroi's response, feeling both amused and flattered. "I see," I said, taking another sip of my chocolate milk. "I'm glad my bed is giving you so much comfort."

Suddenly the bell rang and a visitor appeared at my door. I could imagine who it might be, so I opened the door to find a black-haired tsundere girl waiting for me.

"Has progress been made?" Horikita demanded with her usual condescending attitude, even though she likely already knew the answer to her own question.

I paused for a moment before answering, "Not really, but I suppose we should discuss the details inside."

Horikita nodded slightly and stepped inside, and I noticed her gaze fall on a pair of shoes at the doorstep that didn't belong to me. As she noticed them, she let out a small sigh, as if she knew exactly who they belonged to.

Horikita entered the room and gazed at Shiroi, who was now sitting on my bed with a bright smile.

"As I thought, you are here, Kaslana-san"

"Hello there, my sweet daughter, Suzune-chan~" Shiroi said brightly, but Horikita chose to ignore the comment, as she was aware that showing any reaction would only lead to Shiroi teasing her even more.

"Please stop calling me your daughter, Kaslana-san." Horikita said with a hint of annoyance.

"Not until you call me by my first name~" Shiroi said brightly with a wink.

"Fine...What are you doing here, Shiroi-san?" Horikita asked with a mix of irritation and curiosity in her tone.

"Just hanging out with Kiyo, nothing more. And as for you, I bet you're here to discuss about Sudou's case, right? I bet even more that you've found a witness~" Shiroi said playfully, with a smile that seemed to mock Horikita's pride.