Prologue: Kaslana Shiroi

Shiroi's PoV

My final day of middle school had finally arrived. As my loyal chauffeur drove me to my family's company, I could feel my eyelids growing heavy from a restless night's sleep.

Despite my best interest in visiting nearby pastry shops, my mum did not trust me to proceed directly to the company without being distracted. Nonetheless, the journey was brief, taking no more than an hour.

During the ride, I observed numerous small pastry shops that would undoubtedly appreciate my patronage, and I longed to exit the vehicle to partake in their sweet delicacies.

After all, who doesn't love freshly baked cakes, creamy puddings, or decadent milkshakes?

Soon, we arrived at the company, and my chauffeur immediately parked the car and alighted to open the door for me. 

Once I stepped out, a red carpet extended itself from the car to the company entrance, almost as if it were designed to welcome high-profile clients. While this may have been a clever invention, it did strike me as somewhat cringe-worthy and over-the-top.

Nonetheless, my family has managed to maintain a profitable enterprise. Perhaps celebrities might appreciate the opulent nature of this red carpet, but as for myself, I find it to be quite an extravagant display.

"Lady Shiroi, we have arrived." Adam greeted, bowing his head as he addressed me like a royal. It was almost as if I were a princess, although I couldn't help but feel that such treatment was overly flamboyant, reminiscent of medieval times.

On the other hand, I quite enjoy studying medieval history. However, I still acknowledge the exaggeration of society's treatment towards us.

"Thank you as always, Adam, for driving me here." I said in a soothing tone as I gracefully stepped out of the car.

''It is a pleasure to serve you, Lady Shiroi.'' He responds with an unmistakable air of service, as if he were a loyal knight in shining armor.

I gave Adam an acknowledging nod and proceeded down the red carpet as people around me offered greetings in a respectful manner. Although this treatment often amuses me, I must admit it is rather excessive. Sometimes, I wish I could simply walk into the company discreetly, rather than receiving such a royal welcome.

Upon my entry, my dear personal maid was waiting for me, beaming with glee. 

A silver-haired girl in her late teens, she possessed a striking heterochromatic eye color: deep crimson on her left eye and a shimmering sky blue on her right, accentuated by her maid uniform. As usual, her appearance was one of a kind, making her an instant standout.

Luminous, my personal maid, greeted me with warmth and enthusiasm, exclaiming my name and expressing her excitement to see me

Luminous, my personal maid, greeted me with warmth and enthusiasm, exclaiming my name and expressing her excitement to see me. However, despite her attractive appearance and professionalism, she has certain flaws that can be challenging to handle at times.