[CLOSED] SciFi Holiday Contest 2023 - Eternity

Welcome, Science Fiction writers of Wattpad!

The profiles @ScienceFiction, @WattpadCienciaFiccionES, @WattpadSciFiFR, @WattpadSciFiDE, @WattpadSciFiTR, @WattpadTimeTravel, @DystopianApocalypse, @WattpadPunkFiction, @Speculative Fiction, and @WattpadAlternateUniverse invite you to join

The Great SciFi Holiday Contest 2023!

This year, our general theme is

Your entry for this contest can be written in English, Spanish, French, Turkish, or German

Your entry for this contest can be written in English, Spanish, French, Turkish, or German. You will find the non-English instructions on the relevant language profiles!

The rules:

The challenge stands under the general prompt "Eternity". Please choose one of the prompts at the end of the chapter to write a story. Your story must fit one of the prompts, be about eternity, and qualify as science fiction.

It can be maximum 5000 words long.

Please publish the story on your profile, either as a stand-alone story or as a chapter in an existing anthology. Only one chapter, please.

Post the link to your story in the comments below this chapter and fill out this submission form.

Your story must be written in English, Spanish, French, Turkish or German.

The challenge runs until July 16th, 23.59 UTC. This gives you six weeks to send us your best story.

The prompts:

1 - The word Eternity

The word Eternity was a graffiti tag recorded over an approximate 35-year period from 1932 to 1967, written over a million times in chalk in the streets of Sydney, Australia by Arthur Stace, an illiterate former soldier, petty criminal and alcoholic who became a devout Christian in the late 1940s. (True fact) Story prompt - your character sees the word Eternity in a medieval manuscript exactly as written by the modern artist. Hoax or time travel?

 Hoax or time travel?

2 - Sect

In a Utopian society, an underground sect calling themselves Eternity emerges as members of the government disappear and chaos ensues.