[CLOSED] "New Year, New Alt-U" Contest

Wattpadders!

Wattpadders!

At our "New Year, New Alt-U"-Contest, we want to challenge you to write a short story about your own alternate universe!

We give you three prompts, from which you can choose one and write a short story with a certain number of words.

The prompts, rules and prizes can be found in the following paragraphs.

P R O M P T S

1. In the near future, time is technically so advanced that scientists can create time machines and tear them around in time and space. They also find out that there are alternative universes to ours. On New Year's Eve, the government announced that selected citizens can now try out these time machines in addition to the scientists in order to gain more experience of the alternate universes. You are also among them, which you try out immediately on the same day. After you have reached another sphere, you find that your time machine has no more energy to bring you back. But then you realize that no electricity has yet been invented in the universe in which you are. So what are you going to do to solve your problem?

2. Einstein was totally right about the relativity theory of the parallel universes and you, in the universe you live, need to travel to his universe to avoid his death after waking up from a very strange dream. The problem is you are now in the year 3056 and he was dead in 1955 from strange causes that you also need to investigate.

3. It's December 31st, 1999, and like everyone else you're awaiting the arrival of a new millenium. As the hour draws near you're approached by an individual at a New Years party who claims to be a version of you from an alternate universe. Everyone's a little drunk, including you, but said individual appears sincere. Pick up the story at any point from the beginning of the party, and run with it!

G U I D E L I N E S

— All entries must be written in English as it is our only language capability.

— Entries should contain between 1000 and 3000 words.

— You can publish your story as a new book or in an existing short story collection on your Profile.

— Entries should be submitted through this Form.

— Entries should be submitted before January 31st at 12 AM EST Time to be eligible for judging.

— You can submit entries that are mature as long as they adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines. If you're unsure on what mature content is, you can read more here.

— You can only submit one (1) ShortStory.

— The winners will be announced in mid-February!

P R I Z E S

— An exclusive WINNER Sticker.

— The WINNING Short Stories will be featured in our Anthology and/or our Contest Winner Reading List (only if it is a stand-alone book.)

— A Shoutout in the Winners Chapter and on the Message Board of the official Alt-U Profile.

D I S C L A I M E R

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.