t w o

CHAPTER: TWO
[ TW: THERE WILL BE MENTION OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN THIS CHAPTER! ]

CHAPTER: TWO[ TW: THERE WILL BE MENTION OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN THIS CHAPTER! ]

LOST YOU

" My heart is now ready to die, oh i think it's finally time to say goodbye"

•••

I walked to my art studio and sat down in front of an empty canvas while holding a mug of coffee. I drank my coffee while leaning into my sofa, wondering what my next painting and gallery addition should be. Oddly, my thoughts were completely blank.

I wish Hwan was there to give me an idea.

I sighed and lost track of time for a short while before receiving a call. I looked at the caller ID and saw the name "Yunjinie Dummy" written out on the screen. I grinned and picked up the phone.

I said with a smile, "Hello, Yunjin," and set the mug of coffee down.

"Zuha, could you kindly find a place to sit?" I was startled when her voice broke before I plopped back down on the chair and said, "Okay, I took a seat. What's wrong, yun?"

"Hwan is injured in a car accident." I laughed hysterically and replied, "Look, yun, this is not a good prank." Even though her voice was trembling, I wasn't persuaded. "I'm serious, Zuha—come to the hospital right away."

She can't be serious. Oh my goodness, please tell me this is just another lame prank of Yunjin.

I thought as I quickly threw on my coat and called an Uber. My hands began to quiver. I hurriedly boarded the Uber and instructed the driver to drive me to the hospital that Yunjin told me about.

My hands continued to shake as I went to the receptionist and asked her where Hwan Huh is as my anxiety level continued to rise.

I immediately began looking for the emergency room after she told me. My heart was pounding violently against my rib cage as I approached Hwan's mother and Yunjin, who had an uneasy face on, As I approached them, Yunjin glanced up at me and instantly embraced me in a hug.

I briefly felt overwhelmed as though my heart might suddenly cease beating. "Is he okay?" Yunjin sobbed in my embrace for a minute before I was able to gather my thoughts enough to speak, but I still stammered.

"He is undergoing surgery at the emergency room." Tears started to form in my eyes, even though it wasn't the answer to my query and only made me feel worse about things.

Please tell me this is only a dream.

I prayed non-stop for two hours while I sat there. I refrained from crying since I knew he could live and that he wouldn't abandon me.

"He couldn't make it; I'm sorry for your loss," the doctor said as she emerged after a few more minutes.

While Mrs. Huh fell into her husband's arms, Yunjin shook her head and rushed inside. And I was there, stunned, gazing at the emergency room's entrance.

I'll soon wake up; I'm certain this is only a nightmare.

I lied to myself for five solid minutes because I couldn't believe what I was hearing; surely the doctor was joking?

No, I must see for myself.

Yunjin was weeping uncontrollably while gripping his arms; she was pleading him to wake up as I moved slowly toward his bed and knelt down next to him. The bandages covering his head and arms were bloody, and his once-beautiful face was paler than ever. I was startled as I reached out for his hands because of how cold they were.

And at that very moment, I broke down in tears.

•••

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━AUTHOR'S NOTE: this chapter sucksTHU JUN 15

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
this chapter sucks
THU JUN 15 . 2023
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━࣪