Chapter 1- Am I in?

“AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII……..”

“What happened, Ada?” a voice came from kitchen.

“Mom, where the hell is Aarushi? AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIII……”

“She’s sleeping Ada, what’s the matter?”

“AAAAARRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII….”

She could now hear the terrible sound, worse than her alarm tone. Unable to resist any longer, she finally opened her eyes and got up from bed, scared and rushed towards the room from where the horror sound was being heard.

“What happened, did someone die?” asked Aarushi, appalled.

“The list of selected students is out.” Said Adya, while turning the laptop screen towards Aarushi.

“So…..am I in?” Aarushi looked nervous.

“How do I know? You need to check the list first.”

“Then why were you screaming my name from so long?”

“To inform you that the merit list is out.”

“Oh God this girl!”

Aarushi picked up the pillow from sofa and threw it towards her sister which landed exactly on Adya’s face.

“How dare you, you fool!”

“Shut up Ada.”

She scrolled the list and nervously, started checking the names of the students who were selected for the admission to the college. She began reading names one by one when suddenly, Adya came behind her and interrupted her scrolling.

“What now, Ada?”

“Babes, you don’t need to check the list from bottom. You are meant to be in the top.” Adya scrolled to the top of the list.

"Adya let me-…."

“See, here you are! Aarushi Shah, rank 4 in the entrance examination for the best college of the city.”

Declared Adya, with pride in her voice and gleam in her eyes, loud enough for her mother to hear it in the kitchen. 
Hearing the happy news, she ran into the room and saw the list.

“Well done Aarushi, I knew your hard work will one day lead you to the best possible.” She hugged her and kissed her forehead.

“Well, well, now that Aarushi has finally cleared the entrance, I do not want her to be loved more than me. As all of you already know that I was and will continue to remain the favorite child of the family.”

“Oh Ada, your childish drama is never gonna end.” Chuckled her mother and went to call Aarushi’s dad to deliver the news.

As for Aarushi, she was still staring at the screen, looking carefully at each letter of the name, confirming again and again that it was her.

“I still can’t believe that I have done it. I- I never thought that I would be able to.”

“Why, Aarushi, why did you think that you couldn’t?”

Seeing Aarushi had no answer to her question, Adya went forward, “Listen Aarushi, the fact that you had a rough year does not mean that you are not capable of doing this. That was just a bad phase, and now, that phase is over. And because of some bad experiences in the past, you can definitely not afford to let it affect your present and your future. Hmm?”

“Hmm.” Smiled Aarushi.

“So, when’s the session going to begin?”

“28th”

                       ********
What could be the bad experiences? Why did Aarushi had a rough year? Stay tuned to find out.

Next chapter will be out on Saturday.

Constructive Criticisms and feedbacks are welcomed.

Thankyou😇