39: His answer

Before we start off this chapter, I'd like to apologize to the readers. I've failed to meet their expectations for the fanfic, as I've focused on the JoJo Bizzare's Adventure portion of the book, you know. The anime that had nonstop action because they be cool like that.

I may haven't been delivering good chapters that you all would like, and I'm sorry for that, but for the better of us all just drop the book instead of writing negative comments okay? I'm aware the fanfic isn't perfect or is that good so you don't have to give me the satisfaction that you're still reading it just to comment on how bad it is. Thanks for the reads though 🫶🏻

Anyway, I've talked enough. Thanks for the support and the comments you've guys left. They're what inspired me to come back apart from writing how Dio would dance like a maniac in the upcoming chapters.

I hope you enjoy the book readers, update spree since I'm back 🫶🏻

§

"Uhh, are you sure we should be doing this, Y/N..." Yumenji's voice quivered with a mixture of concern and unease, her eyes darting around the dimly lit alleyway.

Dio's response was a snarl, his expression contorted with a hint of malicious delight. "The reason we're doing it here, Yumenji, is precisely because it's not legal."

With a nerve-wracked chuckle, Yumenji crouched down in front of a group of unsuspecting individuals who were deep in their slumber. His actions were calculated, his intentions hidden behind a facade of twisted amusement.

"W-what do you want from me?" one of the sleepers stammered in fear, his eyes widening as he met Dio's cold and emotionless gaze. It was as if he was staring into the eyes of a heartless monster, one that hungered for his every misstep and relished in his fear.

"I can't proceed unless he's asleep," Yumenji muttered, his voice laced with concern. He turned his attention to Dio, whose glare was piercing through the darkness, silently conveying his impatience.

Without warning, Dio let out a sigh of resignation and launched his knee forward, connecting with the man's face in a brutal impact. The force of the blow shattered his front teeth and sent him spiraling into unconsciousness. The alleyway was filled with the sound of bone meeting bone, mingling with the groans of the man as he passed out.

"Would it have been too much to ask for a bloodless approach..." Yumenji muttered, his expression marred by disappointment as he summoned Sandman, conjuring a few ethereal specks of dust that floated delicately into the unconscious man's ears

"Hmm... this man is clueless as well," he reported after a brief pause, sighing as he rose to his feet. His gaze met Dio's dissatisfied glare, igniting a spark of frustration within him.

"That means they were simply incompetent. Give them nightmares, torment these worthless scoundrels," Dio ordered with a fiery edge to his voice, his anger palpable as he delivered a forceful kick to one of the slumbering figures in front of him.

These individuals were the security guards and staff members entrusted with Ai's safety during her concert. Dio had hoped to extract vital information from them, but all he found was a glaring display of their ineptitude.

Yumenji couldn't help but ponder their predicament. After all, Ai's quirkiness often pushed the boundaries of convention, and some staff members may have grown tired of trying to rein her in, choosing instead to place their trust in her unconventional ways.

"Well, at least we know Ai is with her friend... perhaps we should explore that avenue for investigation," Yumenji suggested, prompting a quizzical raise of Dio's eyebrow.

"I have no interest in the side character; she is expendable in my eyes. However, you do bring up a valid point," Dio acknowledged, his tone filled with a reluctant approval.

"But I, the great Y/N, do not require the aid of another faction or individual. My power alone is sufficient to save Ai and her... companion."

"...didn't you just ask for my help?" Yumenji deadpanned, eliciting an exasperated sigh from Dio.

"In case you haven't noticed, I own you. Your power is my power. Hence, I see no issue with my proclamation," Dio dismissed him with a wave of his hand, retrieving his phone from his pocket.

"What am I to you then? A mere Pokémon?"

"Yes, one could say that."

"Really? What Pokémon am I, then? Mewtwo, perhaps?"

Dio scoffed, his voice laced with amusement. "You're more akin to a Drowzee."

"...so, you're telling me you play Pokémon, Y/N?"

Dio smirked, a glimmer of lightheartedness in his eyes. "Ai Hoshino would often times ask me to run around and catch pokemon for her using her device."

He deadpanned at the sudden memory of almost being ran over by a truck when he tried to catch the little pink pokemon that Ai had specifically asked him to catch.

"Tsk, stupid game."

"OH, pokemon g—"

Yumenji deadpanned at Dio, who all of a sudden slapped his hand against his mouth and stared at his phone in a petrified stare.

"Hmm?" The young man raised an eyebrow, wondering what was the reason behind his reaction and pushed forwards to look at his phone.

Ai's chat box was opened, displaying their rather interesting conversations that were filled with one-liner replies of Dio to Ai's long and winded messages accompanied by stickers.

"...Is it really the time to be thinking back to your messages with Ai." Yumenji asked, earning him a smack on his head as Dio heaved an annoyed sigh.

"Tsk, look closely, you imbecile." Dio clarified and shoved the phone in front of his face, emphasizing the newly sent message that was a singular emoticon of a knife.

"A... knife?"

"Precisely."

"What do you think it mean?" Yumenji asked, his face crumbling up in confusion. "Are they telling us that Ai is getting killed?"

Dio shook his head, "They would have simply murdered her. There is no reason for them to invite doom upon themselves."

Of course they could have just been suicidal people and decided to message Dio as an act to leave this plane of existence but he felt it was something more.

Perhaps it was a clue, sent by Ai herself in hopes of him understanding her message. With that in mind, Dio closed his eyes and thought back to the years that he spent together with Ai.

There were moments where they shared quiet nights gazing at the night sky and moments where they ran away from crazed fans yet none of them stood out and let alone connected to a knife.

"No..." Dio whispered as he gazed at the phone and remembered one key detail. "It was a knife..."

He remembered their first meeting, when he had punched a random person standing in front of an apartment door.

"That's right... they were holding a knife."

The knife at the time was insignificant so he ignored it but to think that it would become useful after 5 years of being forgotten.

"Yumenji, go home. " Dio sighed and pocketed his phone. "Keep Aqua and Ruby safe, we don't know if Hikaru has something planned for them."

"Alright I understan— wait, Hikaru?? Hikaru is the mastermind?"

"As for me, I'll go and save Ai Hoshino myself." Dio declared with a serious expression and walked off, determined to end the game once and for all.

"HEY, ANSWER ME! YOU CAN'T JUST DROP A BOMB LIKE THAT AND LEAVE"