03: The first Underling

"Hmm." Dio hummed to himself with a lackluster expression evident on his face as he struggled to kneel down before ultimately deciding that Japanese customs were sill and ended up sitting on the couch instead.

He was currently sitting inside the living room of Ai Hoshino, an apparent big shot that he had just accidentally saved in his state of being drunk in power. His crimson eyes wandered around the room, and he couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment.

The room was plain and unremarkable, with no sign of the opulence and luxury he had come to expect from someone of her supposed status.

"This is it?" he sneered, his lip curling in disdain. "I must say, I expected more." He closed his eyes and shook his head, wondering why he was idly sitting by.

It was then he noticed the two children, not older than 3 years old, staring at him. At first, he thought that they were simply amazed at the sight of his greatness, but the more he stared at their eyes, the more he figured out that the two weren't ordinary as they would seem.

As if to prove him right, the girl with red eyes and a singular star inside one of them raised her chubby little hands to point at his direction, her face warping to a look of mystery.

"You have done well, my child." She stated, trying to do her best to imitate a rather ominous voice.

Dio raised an eyebrow, glancing down at the boy who simply stared at her sister with a disappointed stare before shrugging helplessly.

"I am the goddess of entertainment,  and you have done well to save Ai." She continued, "But you have come too close to the sun that she is, now go and forget that she has kids."

Silence lulled over the living room as Dio simply deadpanned at the girl who jumped on top of the coffee table, ordering him to get out.

A loud cackle filled the room as he couldn't resist but laugh at the child's audacity of trying to order him around.

"God, you say?" He sneered as he grabbed her by the collar of her dress. "How pathetic. You try to impersonate something that you haven't begun to understand."

" I told you, Ruby, that only works when we're infants." The little boy suddenly stood up and deadpanned at his sister before turning his attention to Dio.

"Oh? So you both can speak?"

"We're three years old. It's normal for us to talk."

"But you two seemed more than ordinary." Dio smirked, placing down Ruby beside Aqua before crossing his legs in front of him.

"You two are not mere children, aren't you." He began as he heaved a sigh of amusement. "This family of yours is by no means ordinary. It is one built on top of lies and deception. That is one thing I can confirm. "

Ruby's face warped in horror as Aqua simply remained stoic, yet Dio wouldn't miss the subtle changes to his stance. It made things even more amusing to him, and the little boy seemed much more interesting than his sister.

"Tell me, who are you really?" Aqua asked with an emotionless voice, making Dio's smile even wider. "You're not just... some guy who happened to be passing by, aren't you?"

Dio stopped, thinking if he should entertain the kid by answering his questions or if he should leave now and continue plotting about his next step.

"Mhmm, a conversation is simply a matter of exchanging information. Is it now?" Dio asked as he grinned, "I'll answer that, but in exchange, you'll tell me what I want to know."

Beads of sweat covered Aqua's face, but he did not hesitate to shake Dio's outstretched hands, "Deal." He firmly stood his ground and jumped up the coffee table in order to directly meet his gaze, which amused Dio even more.

"Then, to simply answer your question, I am Dio Brando." He chuckled quietly as he adjusted himself on the couch once again. "Now, tell me. Aqua Hoshino, who is Ai Hoshino, and what is B-Komachi?"

"You don't know Ai?" Aqua cocked his head to the side as Ruby got up the couch and slapped Dio in a panicked manner.

"HAVE YOU BEEN SLEEPING UNDER A ROCK, WHY DON'T YOU KNOW HOW AMAZING MAMA IS!?" She wailed and delivered tiny little punches at Dio's side, which he ignored as her reaction alone was entertaining.

"Well... Ai is an idol. She's currently one of the top idols in Japan right now, and I heard she's getting influence in other countries, too." Aqua answered before heaving a sigh once again

"... give me the full rundown of who you are, and not just your name, Dio Brando."

Dio moved his face at Aqua's taunting voice, warping the shadows in a way that it now covered his face and only revealed his pearly white smile.

"Ho? Are you sure you would want to know that?" He asked with a smirk as he grabbed both of them, placing them on his lap.

"Whatever your answer is, you'll be hearing it now." He grinned, never passing up the opportunity to boast his greatness.

Dio then began to recall his life, starting from his life as a child that made him sigh in frustration, to the time when he abandoned his humanity, before finally ending his tale with his ultimate defeat at the hands of Jotaro.

"Tsk, the joestars have been a torn on Mt side for far too long." He clicked his tongue before smiling. " Luckily, it seems that they don't exist here, and even if they did, they won't recognize me."

"Hey... Aqua, this man is crazy isn't he?"

"Maybe he's an actor?... or a director, those fantasy ideas are pretty good, though."

"I don't know, he's too weird for any of those."

"Yeah, he's too rude, too."

Dio frowned, "You insignificant insects do realize I can hear the two of you?" He growled, making the two look at them him with unapologetic and pitying looks, making him angrier.

His anger didn't last long as a crude smile appeared on his lips as he stood up, still holding the two of them and walked next to a window.

They were currently three floors above the ground level, making it a fairly high vantage point that made it easier to gaze at the bustling life of the city.

"Sorry for the wait! I had to make a quick batch since I only prepared lunch for the three of us." Ai's voice echoed in the air, prompting the kids in an excited laughter, which died down as Dio suddenly threw them out of the window as Ai's back faced them.

"Don't mind it too much, Ai Hoshino. " He mumbled as he glanced back at the falling Aqua and Ruby, enjoying the look on their faces as it goes through despair, anger, lamentation, and finally fear as they realized what he had just done.

"I know I've already said it before, but I can't just thank you enough for saving me when you did!" Ai happily clapped her hands as Dio sat down beside him before placing down some Tonkatsu on Aqua and Ruby's bowls.

Before she could notice that they were missing, and either one of them could scream. Dio activated his stands ability and fished the two of them out of the air, mere seconds before they would have reached the ground.

"AHHHHHHHH"

"MAMAAAAA"

The two yelled, surpising Ai as they seemingly screamed out of nowhere.

"Oi, Aqua. Ruby, it's rude to scream in front of your guest." Ai reprimanded them, which silenced them immediately.

Dio sneered at them, enjoying their reaction, and simply picked up a pair of chopsticks.  Enjoying the fact that he could still have fun and the possibility of using the interesting family in front of him on his plan for world domination.

But first of all,

" Ai Hoshino. " Dio grumbled before stabbing the meat with the chopsticks."I need a fork."

"Hai!"