🥀10🥀

"You know, I'm worried. Like, what if this is your sparkling?" Starscream said. He was laying on his back on Megatron's bed, and the Warlord was picking up after himself, getting different dangerous items put away.

"Wouldn't bother me necessarily. I told you, I'd take responsibility, I'd be a dad, but I wouldn't be with you." He said, picking up a combat knife and pointing it towards the seeker across the room. "Take Soundwave for example. Me and him aren't together anymore, but I still have Rumble, Frenzy, and Enemy over to stay some nights. Been doing it even before I got back with prime."

A knock was heard at the door and the silver mech looked up, "Speaking of, that should be the kiddos. Can you get that while I finish putting these away?" He said, picking up another knife.

Starscream huffed and lazily got up before opening the door, meeting face to face with Frenzy. The mechling looked up at him and smiled, "Hi Starscream. Why are you here?" They asked before Rumble walked up beside them with a smile as well. Starscream paused and twitched his wings.

"I'm..I was talking to your dad."

"About what?"

"The birds and the bees." He responded sarcastically.

"You mean sex?" Rumble asked. Starscream's optics widened and he looked over to Megatron, watching him slightly hunch over laughing. He turned back to Rumble and tilted his head.

"You're bold, y'know that?"

Rumble and Frenzy walked in, not responding to Starscream, just ran up to Megatron and excitedly greeted him. The seeker watched quietly and narrowed his optics, actually feeling a bit comforted as he watched the silver mech interact with his spawn. Happily picking Frenzy up as Rumble climbed on his shoulders. Every movement was one of gruff love to the children, but as an observer, Starscream saw how gentle Megatron was. That was all he needed to calm his nerves.

"I'm gonna get goin now, alright?" He said, grabbing the doorknob, watching as his old leader gave him a nod before going back to greeting his kids.

-

For once, he walked over towards where the commons were. Commons as in, where everyone else would hang out at. Several couches, an outlook on the area, and various game consoles. He recognized the nintendo, a few arcade machines and–

He paused. He wasn't surprised when others made those things their size, but this?

"Hey screamer!" Jazz said happily, coming up beside him, before looking where he looked. "A beauty isn't it?"

Starscream brought a servo up to his mouth. A Cybertronian sized, dance dance revolution machine. He watched as Soundwave and Blaster started up the machine, bickering like cat and dog.

"There's no way."

"Where there's a will there's a way!" Blaster said, "Just like how I'm gonna beat Soundwave's highscore!"

"Negative." Soundwave grumbled.

Jazz laughed, "You can both only try to beat mine." He received laughs from both music bots, and something burned in Starscream's spark. Something must've shown on his face, because Soundwave looked over and stood off the machine.

"Jazz : Play for Soundwave."

Jazz hardly noticed how Soundwave stared at Starscream as he said it.

-
"What is wrong?"

"Nothing!"

Soundwave shook his head, closing the door to his room after dragging Starscream in. which reminded him, besides Megatron and their kids, he was the only person Soundwave dropped his speech act for. Why? Because he and Soundwave were so similar it was infuriating.

"Wrong answer. Starscream, what is wrong?"

Starscream turned away from him and crossed his arms.

Soundwave walked closer, "Starscream. I want to help."

"Too bad, so sad."

"Starscream."

He looked back at the other and his wings lowered. Soundwave had always acted like a sort of parent he could vent to since the war started, and often would pry until Starscream finally said what was on his mind.

He hated it.

He loved it.

"A lot...has been going on." He muttered, "A lot is personal."

Soundwave nodded, walking closer to the other, slowly, softly.

"You don't have to tell me everything, but what is eating at you now?"

"I don't..I'm worried about my relationships...I'm worried about..." he blinked, "Soundwave, what's it..like being a parent?"

Soundwave was a bit taken aback.

"You're—"

"Carrying."

"Congratulations." Soundwave responded, genuinely. "How many?"

"Don't know yet."

"Ah, I see. Carrying anxiety. Still in the early stages, fretting instead of getting excited."

He paused, narrowing his eyes, and his wings twitched.

"What?"

"Well, for example, when me and Megatron were together—" he paused, and even if it wasn't the best with his mask, he faked a gag, "—and I was carrying Enemy, our oldest child, I was a wreck for the first few months. I wondered if I would be a good parent, if I was ready for a sparkling, or if...I should just not have one." Starscream blinked, his wings twitching as he listened, feeling his spark ease. "But, through the pain, comes so much love. Me and him have Rumble and Frenzy now, and Enemy is old enough to have his own room away from me, and I'm not worried because I know I've taught him well."

"Yeah..." the seeker murdered.

"Nothing will prepare you for your sparkling. No finances, reassurance, or anything will. But, If you ever need my help, I am willing to provide."

He paused, deciding not to tell Soundwave that the sparkling may be their ex's. He smiled and shyly looked away.

"Thanks, Soundwave."

Soundwave held open his arms for a hug, Starscream accepted.

"No issue, Internet Angel."