Claudia and the New Girl

Maysons POV:

We were having a Sleepover, all of us, me, Kristy, Mary Anne, Dawn, Stacey, Mallory, and Jessi at Claudia's house.

"Okay, I don't understand what half of these questions are asking." I said, Kristy was getting us to do these tests that Watson does. Stacey grabbed the pencil out of my hand.

"Okay with this one 'Do you pay quarterly taxes or prefer to leave finalized numbers until the end of the fiscal year?' basically do you wait until the last minute to do your homework or do it right away?" Stacey said.

"Last minute."

"I know." Stacey said. 5 minutes later we finished, and Stacey went to get water. "OMG! Claudia, did you know you have a celebrity in your kitchen?" She came back.

"Who?"

"Ashley Wyeth." Claudia went downstairs and we started with the roles we got from the tests.

We went to bed a while after. In the morning Kristy was the last one to come down for breakfast.

"Good morning, sleepyhead..." Dawn started.

"Are you feeling okay? You don't look to good." Mary Anne asked as Kristy stood next to me, I quickly moved to stand next to Stacey on the other end of the kitchen, and put my shirt over my mouth and nose.

"There's no way I'm sick." She said. "It's just allergies."

"Name one time you've had allergies." I told her. She started chugging down orange juice. And we all looked at her.

"I'm fine! Mayson you can remove your shirt from your face."

"Love you but I'm not gonna be on my deathbed because you're too stubborn to realize you're sick." I told her. "For the third time." I added. She rolled her eyes.

"They were colds!" She argued.

"That gave me pneumonia!" I said. "This looks worse than a little cold, Kristy." I added.

Kristy ended up having strep throat, which meant she was quarantined to her room and my room, the bathroom, kitchen, and living room had to be disinfected. Dawn became acting president while Kristy was gone. Everything fell apart, of course I wasn't gonna tell Kristy that though. Dawn tried to make it where a percentage of our earnings go to a charity, and she was acting like every parents' therapist.

I was on facetime with Stacey as she did her math homework, I was on my macbook and scrolling through Instagram on my phone.

"Kristy's calling." She told me.

"Add her."

"Hey, girl. How's it going?" Stacey said, when Kristy's face popped up.

"Mary Anne won't answer, she downplays everything out of loyalty to Dawn, and Mayson refuses to tell me anything." She said accusingly. I just held up the middle finger. "So, I'm calling you for the truth." She added.

"About what?" Stacey asked.

"How's it going with the club?"

"Um, it's going great. Really." Stacey lied. Her face gave it all away to me, but not Kristy.

"Oh. So you don't need me?" Kirsty asked. "I guess that's good." Kristy said.

"The meetings have been a complete mess. Dawn's every parent's therapist, she's trying to change the dues, and all we do is argue over non profits" I told her.

"We're totally adrift, Kristy. We need our captain." Stacey added.

"I hereby call this meeting to order." Kristy said the next week. "Now, I've looked over the minutes that Mary Anne was instructed not to take."

"Mary Anne!" Dawn said.

"I'm sorry, okay? I had to. They're important for record-keeping. I tried to write as much as I could remember." Mary Anne told them.

"No, and it's a good thing you did. Because, I have to say, Dawn, there's a lot I like about your administration." Kristy said.

"Really? I mean, thanks." Dawn replied.

"I've read over your ideas, and I would like to propose the following. Everyone will pay a small and manageable amount of dues each week for club fees. After that, dues will be 10% of each individual sitter's earnings. So, on good weeks you pay a little more and bad weeks, you pay a little less. Fair." She told us. "Charity donations. We will donate 50% of our dues, after expenses, once a month to one charity. And rather than debating, we'll just take turns picking. Stacey. It'll loop back around again alphabetically, so the next person would be Mallory." She continued as she pulled a name out of a hat.

"I choose JDRF. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. They fight for a cure for type 1 diabetes and have great resources for kids like me." Stacey told us.