Summer

Mayson's POV:

When we got back from camp, Louie had died of heart cancer, and I got sicker. A lot sicker. A week after we got home I went to Stoney Brook hospital, then got transferred to New Haven Children's Hospital. My cancer had come back in my arm. I started chemo again and had to stay in the hospital for a month and a half. I also had surgery to remove some bone marrow in my arm. Now it's a week before school starts, which I'm home bound for. The others are now aware that I have cancer. Right now, me, Kristy, and our brother's are hanging out at our pool, I texted Stacey to come over. She's been in New York most of the summer.

"Mayson!" I sat up and saw Stacey coming down the stairs so I stood up and walked over to her, whereas she ran, we hugged each other. "How are you?" She asked.

"Fine." I told. "I'm not lying this time." I added. "How was New York?" I asked as we walked over to where I was laying before.

"Great." She replied. "Actually, I bought you something." She said, pulling out a Harry Potter fleece blanket.

"Do not bring that in my room when you can't sleep." Kristy said coming over to us after talking to some kid that lived next door.

"Better than the Art of War." I told her.

"I'll throw you in the pool." She said.

"Thank you." I said to Stacey. "Who was that?" I asked Kristy.

"Amanda Delaney, the kid next door. Apparently there are different kinds of towels. She brought over a letter from her mom for mom. She seems snobby."

The Delaneys had me, Kristy, and our mom over for tea, and then Mrs. Delaney called the club for someone to babysit Amanda, Kristy took the job. She ended up bringing her over here to hang out with David Micheal. We got invited to a charity event they were hosting for animals to get adopted. We ended up getting one and naming it Shannon. She wasn't Louie but I loved her.