Rattle the Stars

NNNNOOOOO SILVER WHYYYY

*Cries*

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Jim holds my hand as we peek around the pillar at Silver, his back to us as he works. Morph squeaks and floats around, watching Silver work on untying the boat.

"Morph, we gotta make tracks."

"I know," Morph replies in a soft coo.

"You never quit, do you?" Jim smirks, me grinning next to him as we watch Silver freeze.

"Ah! Jimbo, Lassie!" Silver laughs. "I was... Merely checking to make sure our last longboat was safe and secure."

Silver poorly ties the rope making me raise a brow with a lopsided smile. Jim and I approach Silver and I rub my chin, kneeling down and untying the rope.

"Well..." I tie it the way he showed us, making Silver smirk at me. "That should hold it."

Silver chuckles and we both rise to our feet, and Jim wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"I taught you two too well," Silver shakes his head while laughing softly.

Jim raises a brow at Silver with a neutral face.

"If you don't mind... We'd just as soon avoid prison," Silver whispers, looking at Morph as he lands on his hand. "Little Morphy here... He's a free spirit." Morph flies around Silver's head quickly.

Silver grabs Morph and boxes him in his cyborg hand.

"Being in a cage... It'd break his heart," Silver finishes, smiling sadly.

Morph sadly squeaks as he was released from his 'prison' and Silver lightly strokes Morph's head. Silver looks back to us with a small smile, making Jim and me slowly smile back. Jim lets go of me and flips the switch to the trapdoor below down, making it open.

Silver sighs in relief, looking outside and back to us as Jim unties my knot.

"What say you two ship out with us, lad, Lassie?" Silver offers and Morph turns into a (F/C) hat and a normal Captain hat, landing on my head and Jim's head. "You both and me! Hawkins, (L/N), and Silver! Full of ourselves and no ties to anyone, exceptin' you two together!"

Jim looks over at me with a small smile on my face, and Morph peeks one eye down and me and one at Jim.

"You know... When I got on this boat..." Jim takes off my Morph hat and his own, tickling them and making Morph shift back. "I would've convinced (Y/N) to come with me, and taken you up on that offer in a second."

Jim pauses and chuckles, "but then I met this old cyborg..."

"And he taught us about charting our own courses," I continue softly, looking at Silver with a smile.

"And that's what we're gonna do... Together," Jim finishes, grabbing my hand in his own and bringing it to his lips, kissing the back of it.

"And... What do you see of that pal of yours?" Silver asks.

"A future," Jim replies with a nod, shrugging his shoulder.

"Why... Look at the two of ya's." Jim and I look at each other with grins, "glowing like two solar fires."

Jim and I look up at Silver, and a few stray tears leave my eyes.

"You two really are something special, Jim and (Y/N)." Jim's eyes gloss over, matching Silver's. "You two are gonna rattle the stars, you are. Together."

I sniffle and Silver holds out his arms, making Jim and I latch onto him in a last hug.

Silver holds the both of us tightly to his chest while I lightly cry, Jim and Silver trying to fight the urge.

Silver pulls away and clears his throat, and I notice a tear slipping.

"Got a bit of grease in this cyborg eye of mine," Silver covers up, making me laugh as I wipe my own eyes.

Jim casually wipes his own eyes, making me roll my eyes playfully as I lean up and place a kiss on his chin.

Morph starts to sob in between me and Jim, turning into a pile of tears. Jim and I bring our hands together, catching the puddle that is Morph.

"Aww... Morph, we'll see you around, okay?" I coo, making him sniffle and slightly change to his normal form.

"See you around," Morph shakily mimics before completely turning normal and licking my cheek before Jim's.

Silver holds his finger out and Morph rests on it, still sniffling.

Silver looks deep in thought before smiling sadly, "Morphy. I got a job for ya." Silver brings Morph closer to him and purposely loudly whispers, "I need ya to keep an eye on these two pups."

My eyes widen at this as Silver's eyes gloss over with unshed tears.

"Will ya do me that little favor?" his voice wavers a bit as he speaks.

"Aye-Aye, Captain!" Morph salutes, nudging Silver's cheek in affection just as Silver was about to start crying.

Morph flies over and chitters at us, rubbing Jim's cheek before nuzzling into mine.

Silver jumps in the longboat and starts to lower it before calling to us, "oh, and one more thing!"

He reaches into his pocket and tosses up a handful of treasure to Jim.

"That is for your dear Mother... To rebuild that inn of hers! And this--" he reaches in his other pocket and tosses another pile to Jim.

"Is for a wedding in the future!" Silver winks at Jim, and both of our faces burn in a blush.

"Stay out of trouble, ya old scallywag," Jim recovers, smiling at Silver and hugging me to his side.

"That's right, mister!" I playfully scold, making Silver laugh.

"Why, Jimbo, Lassie..." The boat completely lowers and my heart slightly aches, "when have I ever done otherwise?"

Silver laughs as his boat starts flying away, and he tips his hat to me and Jim before blasting off.

And just like that... He was gone. But never forgotten.

...

UGLY CRIES

Up next is the Epilogue!

I will either have that up tonight or tomorrow.

Im GONNA CRY SKSKSK BYE LOVELIES💙❤