The Truth is Revealed

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I slowly peel my eyes open, stirring as I feel someone gently running their fingers through my hair. My eyes blink a few times, and I panic momentarily before recalling the events from last night.

I smile giddily, looking up at Jim's peaceful face. His eyes were shut and a small smile graced his face. He hadn't noticed I woke up and continued to gently run a hand through my hair before rubbing my back with his other hand.

I smile at him and giggle quietly, making him peek open an eye and look down at me.

"How long have you been up?" He questions, his voice laced with sleep.

"Only a few moments to know you're actually a big softie under that bad-boy exterior," I laugh, and he rolls his eyes with a grin.

"Only for you, darling," Jim places a kiss on my forehead and leans back.

"So, that's my new nickname?" I question, making him nod in response. "Should I call you honey-bunny?" I tease, and his eyes open again.

His expression becomes blank as he lifts an eyebrow at me, making me snicker softly.

"I'm just kidding!"

"Good," Jim breathes a sigh of relief. "I didn't wanna straight out say anything, but that would have been a horrible nickname."

"How about... Jimbo?" I make my voice mimic the way Silver says it, and Jim flinches.

"Oh, god, no," he groans and I snicker, pushing myself off of him and standing. I notice Jim watching me with a pout and I laugh.

"Oh, come on, Jimbo! What's wrong with the name?" I giggle as he cringes, shaking his head.

He slowly rolls off the hammock, landing gracefully on the ground with a sigh.

"Call me that again and see what happens, darling," Jim playfully warns, grabbing one of his boots and slipping it on.

He reaches for his other boot, pausing when it begins to hop away.

Jim groans and rubs his face, standing and following it as it jumps behind a pile of junk.

"Morph, knock it off... It's too early for this," Jim groans tiredly, kneeling and looking behind a chest.

"Jim, look out--" I'm cut off by Boot Morph hopping and kicking Jim on the rear, making him fly forward and catch himself.

I smother my laugh behind my hand to not wake anyone as Jim spins around, now fully awake. "Ow! Hey, Morph!"

Boot Morph blows a raspberry at Jim before floating to me and nudging my cheek. He turns back to normal and grabs Jim's real boot, flying around the room as Jim and I chase him.

"Hey! Come back here!" I laugh.

"Come back here!" Morph mimics as I start laughing, watching Jim skid around everywhere trying to catch Morph.

Jim and I race outside, following a runaway Morph and Jim dives for his boot, making Morph drop it and hide under the deck past the grate. Jim lands on his stomach with a grunt and I chuckle, walking over to the two. Jim looks up at Morph as he floats in front of him and he sighs.

I gasp and start laughing when Morph turns into a puffer fish, spitting water out at Jim.

"That's it, you little squid!" Jim angrily growls, but I can hear a faint chuckle in his voice as he tries to grab Morph, Morph ducking down into the grate.

"You little squid!" Lots of smaller Jim's heads start popping up everywhere and Jim tries to whack him with his boot.

"Having trouble there, Jimbo?" I tease with a laugh, making his body stiffen.