Evacuation

862 A.D

Just about a year after Hannah and Garin had survived the pirates that invaded their beautiful and peaceful island home, everything had gone back to the way it used to be and the couple had managed to put the awful ordeal behind them and continue with their lives.

They kept the pirate ship but made some significant changes to it like cleaning off the skull painting that was all over it, redecorating the deck and adding new sets of furniture that they made from scratch.

They used the ship as their new fishing boat because it could take them deeper into the ocean for bigger catches. They also always talked about travelling across the ocean but they never did it because they were still sure that the island was where they needed to be if they were to live a life free from trials and trouble.

.

.

.

“Why Lilies? They’re not as beautiful as violets, you know?” Garin asked his wife.

“I just think lilies smell better and are more colourful,” Hannah replied.

“No, they don’t,” Garin protested.

“Yes, they do,” Hannah said back.

It was a beautiful night that was packed full of stars in the sky. Garin and Hannah were in bed inside their tree house and were lying under the starlight due to the opening in their roof that Garin had constructed so they could enjoy nature from the comfort of their bed.

The couple was talking about Hannah’s choice of flowers that she usually wore in her hair. Garin wanted her to start wearing violets in her hair but Hannah had her heart set on the lilies she was already used to.

“Could you wear them, please? For me? It would really make me happy,” Garin said with a smile.

“Fine,” Hannah agreed and got off the bed.

Her hair didn’t have any flowers in them at that moment because she had taken them off for bed. She decided to fulfil her husband’s wishes so she walked over to the pots of flowers in the room and plucked off a single violet from the bunch.

She turned around and seductively stared at Garin while twirling the flower in her hand.

“Is this what you want, my love?” She asked in a low voice.

Garin rearranged himself on the bed so he could get a better view of her and looked at her like she was good enough to eat.

“Definitely,” he answered.

Hannah took the violet and placed it in her hair and moved her hands across her body seductively.

“Do you like it when I have violets in my hair?” She asked again.

“I really do,” Garin answered.

“Do you think they make me more appealing to you?” She moved closer to him very slowly while caressing her skin.

“They really do,”

“…and what about my clothes? Do you prefer them on me or off?” Hannah asked as she disrobed and was left naked in front of Garin.