We Meet Again

November 21, 2021

*******

Josh woke up late the next morning with a hangover because of all the drinks he had last night during his best friend's bachelor party. Andrew and Josh had been best friends since they were little boys and it was truly remarkable that Andrew was finally getting married to his girlfriend of five years and he asked Josh to be his best man. Their two other friends, Frank and Chris were still asleep in the corner of the room and so was Andrew, all of them knocked out due to severe intoxication from last night's partying.

Josh got up from the floor and clumsily walked over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. He took a long sip and looked around the apartment in confusion, the hangover disorienting him. He took a look at his watch and noticed that the time was nine-thirty in the morning and the wedding was supposed to take place in an hour. He dropped his water bottle on the floor and ran over to wake up Andrew and the guys.

"Guys, guys, wake up. We overslept!" He announced in a panic.

"What?" Andrew asked drowsily, slowly waking up.

"We're gonna be late, guys," Josh said loudly but the guys didn't pay him any mind.

"Late for what?" Andrew asked, his eyes still closed.

"Your wedding, remember? You're getting married today."

Andrew's eyes immediately shot open in the realization that today was indeed his wedding day. He looked at his watch and with a panicked scream got up hurriedly.

"We gotta move, guys! Gwen's going to kill me," Andrew said and kicked Frank and Chris in an attempt to wake them up.

They woke up and sleepily, asked what the problem was and were shocked themselves when Andrew informed them that they had overslept. They both jolted up and composed themselves.

"We need to get ready, ASAP. The wedding's in less than an hour. Andrew, quickly get in the shower," Frank ordered him.

The four friends had their baths, got dressed, and were ready in next to no time. Andrew stood in front of the full-length mirror and stared at himself with a smile. His friends stood behind him and looked at him with admiration.

"You're going to be an amazing husband,  Andrew," Chris said to him.

"You really think so?" Andrew asked, feeling slightly nervous.

"Of course. You're going to be the best husband. Now come on, let's go get you married." Josh told his buddy and the four friends left the apartment, got into a car and headed to the church.

They arrived a few minutes late but thankfully, the bride hadn't shown up yet. They hurried inside and took their places by the altar until a car stopped outside with Gwen in it.

The guests all got on their feet and the organ played "Here Comes The Bride" as she walked in, accompanied by her father.

The ceremony began and the couple said their vows and exchanged rings before kissing as newlyweds. 

It was a very beautiful wedding, followed by an even more beautiful reception, and seeing his best friend married and happy made Josh get caught up in a little wedding fever himself. He thought about where his life was headed and when he might find that special someone. He was twenty-six years old and had never been in a serious relationship. Every woman he had ever gone out with just wasn't the one he was looking for and he was beginning to think that he may never find that special someone. 

That was when he saw her sitting by herself on one of the tables. She was absolutely breathtaking and he stared at her with a weird feeling building up within him. Her hair was like a river of ebony and her eyes were like the ocean. Never had he seen a woman as divine and angelic as her. He was sure he had never met her before but for some reason, she looked very familiar.