Chapter 4 - Arriving at the Palace

Grian thanked Gem for her help, and got ready to fly to the competition. "Before you go," Gem started, "My magic wears off at midnight, so make sure you're back here before then." Grian nodded his head, and flew off.

Grian flew over the town of Boatem, and he could see tiny village houses down below.

As the sun started setting, Grian made it to Prince Scar's palace. He landed in front of the gates, and a guard was giving people directions. "Uh, hi." Grian said as he walked up to the guard. "You're here for the building competition, right?" He said, "Yeah-." Grian replied. "The competition's being held in the courtyard, and it's on the left. You better hurry up, they're running outta space." Grian nodded his head, and ran to the courtyard. Once he made it, the messenger he had seen in Boatem was assigning people spaces to build in. "You will be in section B, Row 12." She said to the person in front of him. She gave them their ticket, and sent them on their way. "Only three spaces left!" The messenger yelled at the people standing behind Grian, "You can either get out or watch the competition if you aren't the next three people in line!" There was a lot of angry grumbling, and many people refused to get out of line. "Aw, come on, guys! There are only three more spaces! It's not like anymore will open up, go home!" She shouted. "Look here, lady!" Yelled an angry man, who was around 10 spaces back in the line. "I did NOT travel 40 chunks just to watch the competition!"

"Just chill, mate. The guards will have to come take you away if you don't shut up." She grumbled.  The man was livid, continuously screaming and shouting at her. She ignored it like she dealt with these sorts of people every day. Cleo tapped her earpiece. "Hey. This is Cleo requesting backup in section C." 

"Hey, you." She said to Grian.

"Y-yeah?"

"Here's your ticket. Section A, Row 2."

"Oh, thank you."

He took a look behind him, and he could see the screaming man being taken away by the guards. Geez. What goes on in the palace?

(367 Words)