Drei.

My frantic footsteps were the only thing my ears registered as I rushed through the packed hallways until a grey door with metal handle stood before me. I took a deep breath, the scent of hospital and floor disinfectant consuming me as my shaky hands pushed the door, my mind conjured up with every distorted thought possible.

"Give me one reason as for why did I receive a call in the middle of the night to tell me you were hospitalised because you were found fainted in your house by your neighbour?"

Bob's barely conscious body raised a finger with deliberate slowness, "Hello to you too, kid."

I was in front of him in three strides, ready to demand more from this situation until a sharp breath stole my words at the sight of tubes connecting his body and the monitor showing his heartbeat beside. 

My gaze softened as did my next words when his eyes fluttered shut in a deep sleep, "Oh, Bob." 

Bob had been diagnosed with hypertension a year ago since his wife died. But it had gotten much better since then, at least that was what I was being told by him till last week. Until this happened. 

Tears suddenly prickled my eyes at the thought of losing him too but I ignored the sensation. 

The door to the room opened causing me to straighten and the doctor's voice filled the numb room, "Hádám, že jsi Dorothea?

Emotionlessly I mentioned, "English. No Czech."

I would rather not practice my rusty skills in that language at the moment.

The doctor sighed with what I could guess was reluctance, "You Dorothea?"

I nodded at his broken English. 

He handed me a report while continuing, "It looks like er- his hypertension took over him and the blood pressure struck high. Possibly, feeling dizzying since before already but ignored the symptoms until it was too late. Don't worry, we've er- changed his medications and would discharge him tomorrow."

I didn't allow my relief to take over just yet because I knew-

"...But, he is to leave his work for a while. There is a high risk of a heart stroke at this age and I think proper er- actions should be taken to prevent it. And one last thing, he should return next week for a health checkup and to report whether the new medicines have made the situation any better or not."

There it was. I knew this feeling all too well and what was coming next. My eyes settled over the old man's sleeping figure when I nodded once again, "Děkuji." Thankyou. 

Even though nothing about the situation was really thankful. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were a rush and before I knew it, Bob was discharged safely and declared on leave from the company given his health conditions. But this time I let him return to his house instead of mine only at the promise of getting a nurse to take care of him and weekly check-ins at Sunday brunches along with a facetime once in twenty-four hours. 

I deeply cared for him because he was practically part of my family at this point and the thought of anything happening...

Nope, I will not venture into that territory. 

Instead, I checked my messages in case of an emergency text from Natalie, Bob's nurse. Once satisfied with the knowledge everything was okay, I took a deep breath as I fiddled with my hideous neon yellow HOHO jacket. 

It was my first day since I was transferred to green line after Bob was made to leave. The other conductor positions in my former line were already filled, hence, I was made to transfer here.

Lucky me. Not.

It didn't help either that today I was the punctual one and my supposed new driver was late causing me to wait impatiently on my regular seat at front of the first row. 

I think Karma is catching up to me for my tardiness with Bob all those times, I thought as the the automatic doors finally opened just when my short-term patience ran its course of time. But as soon as my eyes met a pair of hazel eyes, I knew fate had some other plans for me. 

I suppressed a groan when realisation hit me that I was staring into the same hazel eyes I met a week ago. I didn't resist it when I saw a tiny smirk on Felix's face despite his slight surprised expression. 

"Oh, bruv, this is a nice surprise."

That. Goddamn. British. Accent.

I was near ready to pack my things and get up to leave until the bus started moving on it's own accord and my eyeballs almost popped out of my sockets at the thought of a self-moving bus. I panicked only to see that Felix had began driving the vehicle.

I sighed with relief at the knowledge, of course he was driving it or else how the hell was it possible for a bus to move?

I don't know. Maybe another Final Destination? 

Oh god. Incoming another fear unlocked. Stupid, stupid, stupid, brain.

Wait- what in the dumbest argument was I having with myself? I had bigger matters to freak about. For example, confronting the fact that I worked with the same guy who nearly brought me to my knees for god a week ago.

For God. Get your mind out of the gutter.

I robotically picked up the mic and announced how the entire touring on bus thing worked to the passengers, somehow managing to not stutter given the anxious nerves bundling tighter and tighter as time passed inside me. 

Once done, I mumbled to myself in exasperation, "Oh God."

"Yes, darlin'?" Felix replied.

I spluttered this time, "W-what?!" 

But our last week's interaction at his welcoming party came into my mind like a flying lost puzzle piece finally settling into it's destined position.

"Felix Carter, twenty-four, the new bus driver for green line and apparently, a recently discovered God figurine to some out here."

"Dorothea Zelda, conductor of the blue line and definitely do not see you as a God figurine."

"I guess you'll be seeing of this sometimes God figurine a lot, Thea."

I put my hands on my forehead as I blew a raspberry in annoyance. The bastard was definitely enjoying this if his laughter was any indication as the sound reached my ears. My stomach gurgled in response. 

"I should definitely try for a Prophet or fortune teller in case I ever get fired from here. Don't ya agree, darlin'?" He tossed a smug grin across to me before his gaze focused back onto driving.

I scowled mindlessly, "Whatever soothes your ego and makes you sleep at night."

All I received was more laughter in return as I announced the first stop of the day with more force than necessary, "This is stop number one of the day, Wenceslas Square."

And my life had just been spiraled in more ways than one could imagine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND WE'RE BACK WITH DA UPDATE BABYYYYYYYY

ive a maths exam tomorrow im scared shitless so i'll prolly go revise smth-

Vote, comment & follow!