Chapter 5

Hey comment, vote and fanJ Thanks for readingJ

Chapter 5

Carrie’s P.O.V

“Are you sure your okay with watching him?” I asked Tristan’s mom. I was a bit nervous with leaving Caden but, Andrea wanted to go to the beach and that was no place to take a newborn could go. I just was having a hard time parting with my little boy.

I kissed him on the head; he was already 6 days old. I loved spending time with Andrea and her family the past few days we had spent a lot of time together and I already felt close to them. Tristan and I had struck up a friendship, the feelings for him grew a little more every day the more I got to know him.

We had packed up my jeep and were heading down to the beach for the day. Andrea, her boyfriend Jason, Sophie, her husband Greg, Tristan and I. I hadn’t been to the beach in ages and today was a perfect day for it, the temperature was already to 80 degrees.

We all headed for the car and slipped in, Tristan sat next to me and stared out the window as I drove toward the beach. I couldn’t see his eyes through his sun glasses but, his head turned my way a few times. I rested my hand on the console and let the breeze from the window rush through my hair. I was a 19 year old mom and today I got to have a little fun. I was painfully missing Caden though.

We pulled up to the beach which was extremely busy. The water looked gorgeous as we got out and started to unpack our stuff.

Tristan carried all my stuff as we headed to find a place near the water. I followed him close to the water and we set up everything the cooler, the umbrella, all the towels. I looked up to see Sophie and Greg walking hand in hand along with Andrea and Jason, a hurt surged through my heart. It hurt to be alone, I glanced at Tristan he was watching them also but, I couldn’t see his eyes to see what he was feeling.

Would maybe I have that again? I wanted it now more than ever, Tristan already had a hold on my heart and he didn’t even know it.

Sophie and Greg settled in on the towels “Andrea and Jason are going to go for a walk” she said. She looked even more pregnant than when he had got here 4 days ago.

I sat in the sun and began to scan the beach, I then noticed all the groups of girls staring. I looked to where they were staring to see a now shirtless Tristan. Of course they were, I turned away as he turned my way. I studied the girls as they squealed and tried to get his attention.

I felt him sit down beside me, “It’s nice out here”

“Yeah, it is. I haven’t been to the beach in ages, it’s my favorite place”

“Really? You will have to come to California to their beaches there amazing”

I turned toward him, the butterflies fluttering through me. He had his sunglasses off and was staring out at the water.

A few girls began to approach us the beach was now swarming with people but, it wasn’t uncomfortable. They looked around my age and they were dressed in nothing as they came closer, I knew what they were here for.

“Hi, we saw you over here and were wondering if you would want to come and play beach volleyball with us?” The blonde said bending down toward Tristan.

“He might kick your butt though, he is pretty awesome” Sophie said from beside me. She gave a teasing look at Tristan.

I gazed around everyone else; I could feel Tristan looking at me. “Yeah, I guess I could” I felt him stand up and watched him waltz over across the beach to the net with the girls chatting next to him.