Chapter Six: Trial and Execution

Martin took a deep breath in an attempt to steady himself. He had made peace with the fact that he may die, but that didn't mean he wasn't terrified. "So, we all know why we're here, right?" Martin started and everyone nodded in response. "We're here to find out who the mastermind is right" Scott asked although it wasn't a question, "and possibly die along the way!" Pearl chirped.

"yeaaaaahhhh how about we don't do that last part" Tango added, "phuhuhu! This girls on the right track!" Monocuma chimed in, "could you just shut the fuck up for once you build a bear reject!" Cleo snapped, "hey! I'm extremely quiet during these trials!" "So why can't you do that now?" "Because this is different! This affects me!" "Don't pay the robotic bear any mind" Scott cut in waving off the entire conversation.

"Right, we need to figure out the masterminds identity not fight with monocuma" Martin agreed, "you can say that again" Pearl added, "well then, I found a secret passage in the boy's washroom" Scott said, "oh! Me, Ren, and Pearl found that to!" Martin cut in, "so that means it can't be Pearl or Cleo since they aren't boys!" Tango chimed in and Cleo nodded. "Me and Cleo found a lot of letters" Martin added, "what did they say?"

Scott asked, "they were really vague, and hard to understand" Cleo informed, "I see, so you'd need the context to fully understand the contents" Martin nodded, "they were probably written before this killing game started, which would make sense" "yeah, I mean who makes executions like that just in the fly?" Pearl agreed, "plus they had an execution for everyone here, not just the executions we've seen" Martin added, "everyone?" Tango questioned and Pearl nodded, "everyone" "wait, if thine letters were made by thy mastermind, ye ultimate undead and me hand should know thine mastermind's identity" Ren cut in and Cleo shook her head, "they had code names" "and those code names were?"

Scott questioned, "Sword and Crown" "so there are two masterminds" Pearl muttered, "huh, good to know I guess" "I don't think so" Martin cut in, "from the sounds of it Sword had their doubts about this whole thing, and really only seemed to be doing it to make Crown happy" "so did Crown kill Sword?" Tango asked sounding horrified, "maybe" Cleo said shrugging, "Crown seems like a big enough asshole" Pearl snickered at this whole Scott took on a thoughtful expression.

"So if we go on the assumption that Sword was killed by Crown, wouldn't that mean they could be one of the people executed?" Scott asked, "I don't think so, I think they were killed before the killing game started" Cleo interjected, "no I think Scott might be on the right track" Martin butted in, "really?" Pearl asked and Martin nodded, "in fact, I'm pretty sure I know who Sword is"

"Well that was fast" Tango muttered. There was one odd thing that Martin had found in the secret room. One thing that made Martin absolutely positive he knew the identity of Sword. "Sword, is actually Lizzie Shadow" stunned and shocked silence filled the room as everyone took the time to process what Martin had just said. "Thy king refuses to believe such foul words!" Ren shouted suddenly, "me sister shan't be working with thine mastermind! Ye would never! Me sister is thine ultimate protector for a reason! Ye can't be correct on this!" "Lizzie's green cloak was in the secret room, I find it hard to think of another explanation as to why it could be there." "Thine mastermind tried to frame me sister! Ye can't assume such foul things upon thy queen!" "Lizzie's main weapon was literally a sword so that being her code name makes sense. Plus that blue sword that was there, that was Lizzie's correct?"

After a lot more arguing Ren finally gave in. "So me sister was working with thine mastermind?" Ren asked weakly, "that was probably why she said what she said to you before she died" Tango said, "the mastermind told her to kill so she killed Grian because he was going to kill you" "or maybe he wasn't trying to kill Ren at all" Scott muttered, "huh? What's that supposed to mean?" Pearl questioned, "think about it, if Lizzie was working with the mastermind, then it's not unreasonable to assume she was told to kill Grian by the mastermind, but that's just a theory."