Chapter Six: The Beginning of The End

Martin had turned away from the screen too scared to see what had become of Joel Smallish. He could feel Scott shaking even after the music had stopped. Whether it was from the execution or just the sheer weight of Martin he didn't know. As the music died down and the gas came Martin's only thought before falling into unconsciousness was that they needed to find the mastermind, one way or another, before anyone else died.

The next day Pearl helped get Martin to the cafeteria. "How was your sleep?" Tango asked, "it was good, how about you?" "Pretty good, what about you Cleo?" Cleo grunted in surprise, "me? Oh I'm fine, uhm... how was your sleep Ren?" "Ye king has slept well, but what about thine ultimate survivor?" "It was as good as it could be, you Pearl?" "I had an absolutely wonderful sleep!"

While the conversation was awkward, it was kinda hard for it to not be considering how many people have died over the span of at least a few weeks. "So what are we gonna do to get out of here?" Cleo asked after a long moment of awkward silence. Just then the announcement rang for everyone to get their motives. "Guess we'll continue this later" Martin said shrugging.

They all entered the gym once more with Ren being the one to help Martin instead of Pearl. "Alllllrighty everyone! As well as the sixth floor being open to you, you now get your new motive!" Monocuma cheered and Cleo just flipped him off. "Now don't be like that! This motive is suuuuper fun!" "Nothing you've done would be considered fun" Scott pointed out.

"Oh shut up blue-head! Anyway let's get things started!!!" Monocuma then spun around and Martin gaped when a whole ton of cash rained down. "1'000 000 dollars for the first person who murders!" Monocuma announced, "what the fuck..." Cleo muttered stepping forward, "is something wrong?" Monocuma asked, "yes actually, the idea that you can buy one of us to murder is sick!" Cleo shouted

"I agree" Tango said nodding, "it's seriously messed up of you to think that" "only a fool would murder for cash" Scott agreed, "oh come on! What do you want from me people!?" "How bout ye ends thine killing game" Ren suggested, "let me think about it, hmmmmmmm NOPE!!!!! Sucks to be you bozo but I'm not stopping anything until there is only one left standing!"

"At least give us a chance to stop it though" Martin said putting his arm off of Ren's shoulders and staggering forward. "Hm? What's that supposed to mean?" "Allow access to all the floors of the school, give us an opportunity to find out the identity of the one who's controlling you. If we successfully figure it out, you have to let us go, if we don't we'll have to keep playing your killing game." "Hmmm... I have one better! If you successfully figure out the mastermind you can leave, but if you fail I get to execute all of you!!!"

Monocuma laughed and Martin turned to face everyone else. "Are you ok with the terms and conditions?" "I'm literally a zombie, I'd like to see monocuma try and kill me" Cleo said, "I am on your side Martin, we're gonna do this for Impulse" Pearl nodded, "you are me hand, me loyal friend I would never forsake you" Ren pledged, "I owe you for almost killing you, saying no would bring bad luck to me" Tango added with a smile, "I'll do it... because why not actually put my life on the line for something that I believe in." Scott agreed and Martin smiled.

Together they were going to defeat monocuma and the despair that he had brought for all the people they'd lost along the way. For Grian, for Lizzie, for Jimmy, for Skizz, for Bdubs, for Scar, for Etho, for Impulse, for Mumbo, and for Joel. They would end this killing game for them. It was the beginning of the end, and boy were the stakes high, but they needed to do this, they would do this.

If not for their dead friends, for the lives of their friends that were still alive. It was as if standing up to monocuma had healed all of his injuries as Martin was walking out the door ready to investigate every single fucking nook and cranny this place had to offer. Starting with the sixth floor Martin looked around for anything that could help them figure out the identity of the mastermind.