22|Offline

Tuesday, March 27

Jiang Cheng stepped back and forth, on and off the curbside, scratching his cheek and looking like a confused idiot from the distance as Song Zichen walked toward him on the street.

"Oi, Cheng!"

Jiang Cheng looked up and he grinned, "Hi."

"Where's Xingchen?" Song Lan reached him and looked around as if Xingchen would be hiding somewhere nearby.

"Dunno." Jiang Cheng shrugged. "You both are late." 

Jiang Cheng tilted his head, a shadow casting over his eyes by his baseball cap as he surveyed the street, "Oh, he's over there."

Across the street, Xiao Xingchen appeared to be squinting at a stop sign, identical to the one near Jiang Cheng and Song Lan.

"YO XINGCHEN! OVER HERE!" The two of them screamed across the road. Xingchen saw them and held up a peace sign.

The trio walked down the street, one wearing a baseball cap, one wearing a bucket hat, and one with no hat. It was the afternoon and none of them had any more classes- thus they decided to head downtown to see if they could find anything good for Wen Ning's birthday.

"So, enlighten me, what does Wen Ning like?"

"..."

"That is a very good question."

"So we have no idea."

Jiang Cheng shrugged and frowned, "Wen Ning isn't the materialistic kind, I was thinking of getting him a pet."

Jiang Cheng thought for a moment and added, "Also, a telescope if we have the money. Not those cheap ones but those real telescopes."

"Oh, that's right! Wen Ning's interested in astronomy." Xingchen's eyes lit up. "I'm also going to buy a pair of custom sneakers and have Yang paint and design it for Ning."

Jiang Cheng nodded, that was a good one. Wen Ning was on track with him.

Song Lan pointed at a mall ahead of them, "Well, what kind of pet? There's a pet store in there."

Jiang Cheng, "I was thinking of a dog."

"A dog?" Song Lan asked incredulously. "You want to give a dog to a college student who barely has time to take care of himself?" 

"Are you sure it isn't you who wants a dog?" Xingchen asked teasingly as they stepped into the pet store and Jiang Cheng went straight to the puppy section.

"Hm, how about a snake," Zichen called out.

"No!" Xingchen smacked him on the arm.

"How about a husky?" Jiang Cheng called out.

"..."

Song Lan, "Okay, maybe we should just give Wen Ning a fifty-dollar gift card."

"Oh lord," Xingchen laughed. "That will be so thoughtful of us."

They are going to be there for a while.