Chapter 4: Welcome to Your New Jubilife

The aroma of freshly brewed tea wafted against your nose as you and Meltan found yourselves seated in the back room of the local clothier shop this fine morning with tea and biscuits in hand. Between sips of tea you watched Anthe, the local clothier and someone close to you, work away at sticking and adjust a Galaxy Team Uniform on a mannequin. The older woman held one needle in her mouth while her fingers deftly sewed and snipped across her project's fabric, beside her an excited Meltan was just happy to be helpful by handing her tools and threads.

 The older woman held one needle in her mouth while her fingers deftly sewed and snipped across her project's fabric, beside her an excited Meltan was just happy to be helpful by handing her tools and threads

Anthe: Meltan be a dear and hand me the black thread?

Meltan: Melt!

The steel type burbled happily as it pulled a big roll of black thread from the basket and handed it off to Anthe.She took the needle from between her lips and began tightening the stitch around the uniform's hips, taking the thread Meltan was feeding to her slowly to tuck in the excess fabric to fit more snugly.

Anthe: Thanks Sweetie. So Y/n, I heard through the berry vine that someone's gotten that promotion they've been after.

Her words had you feeling a surge of pride as you chewed a bite Berry crumpet, moaning as the sweet fruity taste and fluffy pastry crumbled on your tongue. And with a sip of refreshing tea you swallowed it all down in satisfaction.

Y/n: Yep it only took two years, but I'm actually starting to see some real progress. I'm not just the errand girl anymore!

Anthe: So your a full time survey corps member now?

Y/n: We'll not exactly, Im still primarily responsible for handling the public requests and questions for the Team, but I've been permitted to also take on field work. So long as I have a registered Survey Corps member partnered with me at all times while I'm outside the village, and some other stuff. But barring those restrictions I'm working my way up, it's tiny progress but progress nonetheless.

The older woman took a step back from the mannequin to observe her work, blue eyes narrowing as she critiqued every inch of her stitch work, nitpicking everything about it. She took a moment to look away from the uniform in progress to send you a proud smile that had you looking away with a meek but happy blush. Seeing your shyness had her in stitches, her elegant giggling lighting up the room as she correcting every minor flaw she could find in her work.

Anthe: Well I'm happy for you, it's about time you were taken seriously around there. Now you just need to get a girlfriend and you'll be set, maybe that cute new partner of yours I've heard so much about.

Y/n: ANTHE!

A heavy blush dusted your cheeks as you glared heated sly towards the cheeky clothier whose glasses glinted mockingly as you sputtered and tried to deny. She looked dead at you as Meltan handed her a pair of scissors, not for a moment letting go of her teasing smirk.

Y/n: We're just friends and coworkers. That's it!

Anthe: You'd be a lot more convincing if you hadn't explicitly called her cute and impressive with a blush on your face when telling me about her.