Chapter 8: BIRDIE NOOOOOOO!!!

-Hi. It's been a long time, huh? Not like I care-

Y/n POV:

"-and damn, the view of vale is spectacular from up here. Isn't it, Shirou Emiya?" Shirou Emiya, or rather, Archer twitched. "I mean, you can even see most of the larger civilisations from up here."

"It is a beautiful sight." Archer briefly spoke 'But I have one question.' He sent me a telepathic message through our bond as I hummed in curiosity and approval. 'What made you choose my, current identity?'

'I don't actually know.' I sent back, keeping a smirk off my face. 'It just, felt right.'

'...I see, master.' Archer accepts the lie I put forward even though I can still feel the annoyance that was all but emitting from his form. Soon we mindlessly wandered around, and found a lean guy with blond hair that was wobbling about.

Say hello to one of the more important side characters. Jaune Arc, Leader of team JNPR (Juniper) and only love interest of Pyrrah Nikos.

I fish out some travel sickness pills I somehow had in my hoodie pocket and gave it to him. "Pills for your travel sickness." I told him, and he did not waste a single second before he grabs one and pops it in his mouth. Seriously, have some common sense! Don't trust anyone who gives you pills! But at least he doesn't look queasy now.

"Thanks man, I owe you one. I was about to throw up." He gives me a smile and extends his arm towards me. "My names Jaune Arc, what's yours?"

(I am not doing the thing.)

I shake his hands. "Y/n L/n, and my friend here is Shirou Emiya. He is a natural loner." Archer grunts and glares at the back of my head, but doesn't refute that statement. "By the way, do you have your aura unlocked?" I am not going to let bunny guy go in with no idea what will happen.

"My what?" As expected.

"Woah!" He stares at his aura in shock and awe. "Neat!" He proceeds to fire a bunch of questions at me while I was laying at the ground trying to catch my breath. "You OK?" He helps me up. "You look out of breath."

"Thanks, captain obvious." I dryly say while Archer is blocking everyone elses view with a bounded field, barely making a weak one which just makes anyone that looks inside the dome see just a forgettable trio while I try to reassure myself that my aura is average, not pathetically low. Seriously! It took almost all of my aura just to unlock his! Then again, he is relevant to the plot.

"Anyways, semblance. It is basically your superpower but it's connected to your aura. The more aura you have the longer you can keep up your semblance, however if you run out of aura then you will be much more defenceless than before. Aura can speed up healing factors which is cool. With that crash course down, get out there and kick some ass! Remember, pratically everyone has aura, got it?" I need water...

"Yeah! I got it! Thanks for the help!" And with that Jaune Arc walks out of the bounded field and disappears into the crowd. Archer then proceeds to take down the bounded field and nods, probably approving my choice.

'Master, it seems that Mr Arc's chances to survive has increased drastically.' Archer decides to send me the obvious through our bond. 'Also, have you noticed your fur?' What?

...

The fuck?

Why is my fur grey?

Where was the whiter than snow fur?

And where did the dull grey come from?

...

"NOOOOOO-"

"-OOOOOOOO-"

An ex-member of the white fang automatically jumped straight up and tensed, her novel forgotten, ready for combat. But the only thing running through her head was, 'What was that?' Before dismissing it and picking up her 'Art'.

"-OOOOOOOO-"

The copy ninja looked up from his limited first edition Icha Icha paradise signed by the Toad Sage himself, looking around and tensing up, before relaxing and going back to his smut, writing off the scream as some poor chap that got caught in his sensei's son's pranks, and giggling something that for some reason sounded like tentacles and toys.

"-OOOOOOOOOO!!!"

The turtle hermit, from his playboy magazine, scanned the room, looking somewhat confused, before shrugging it off and restarted his magazine, as an unrealistic amout of blood came gushing out his nose and a massive blush appeared on his face, all while hoping for a beauty to show up and confess her undying love for him.

I groaned as the specks of sunlight fell directly onto my eyelids, disturbing my rest and dream.

(Hi.)

Author? How long has it been?

(Two weeks for you, two weeks and a day for me.)

Huh. That's new.

(Yeah, and you might wanna pay attention.)

What do you mean pay attention?

As I rubbed the sleep off my eyes, I became aware of two things.

One, Archer is not here anymore, probably walking around or scouting the forest.

Two, an orange haired girl waking up pratically everyone with her voice.

"Come on Rennie! We have kitchens to conquer and pancakes to make!" That poor guy...

"-or you will die." Wait, what was that? "Any questions?"

"..." Is Jaune not questioning it? Was I that good of a teacher? Maybe I was-ohgodimfallingataveryfastpace. I steel myself but I can't contain the lust of battle inside me. My adventure begins, now!!!

"BIRDIE NOOOOO!!!" And my moment was ruined, fuck.

A/n: Fuck sleep, I have the power of coffee and anime on my side!!! Now, if you excuse me, I will take a whole day to rest my body.