🐭{Chapter 8: Owen's Sick}🐭

The rats were stunned.
Shocked?
Scared??
Horrified???
Hard to tell with masks, but they were all standing speechless to see Owen's room had fungus all over the place from his bed, workbench and it was all coming from a drawer.
Jimmy, Martyn, Apo, Bek and Shubble immediately began to remove it while Scott checked the desk, opening it he was hit with fumes and he held his breath as he opened the desk and made sure he kept his head away from it.
After a few moments, he peaked in and was horrified to see fungus mushroom growing completely inside the drawer!
Scott pulled out the drawer, taking it out completely and without a second thought he carried it and threw it outside!
"How. . . Did Owen get fungus, why did he have it, why is it overgrown?!?!"
"Owen. . . Wasn't taking care of it, was he?!"
. . .
Scott turned to Martyn and Jimmy,"The drawer I threw out the window; Burn it. And burn any fungus you collect, I'll look for Owen.", they nod, the others were surprised of how serious the farmer was taking this but he did have a lot of knowledge of plants and food.
Though Scott ran down into the house, darting to the basement with his heart pounding.

=

Scott watched the people in suits leave, probably finished inspecting and was now going to tell Kristen what they were going to do.
Once the coast was clear, and Scott gathered from courage and ran into the taped off basement.
"OWEN!! OWEN!!"
Scott pushed past vines, stepping over fungus and seeing mushrooms all over the place.
Then he saw Owen, laying on a pile of fungus and Scott jumped into action, grabbing Owen and threw on him over his shoulder to get him out of the basement.

~

Scott laid Owen on the ground.
Owen's skin was covered in a blue rash, fungus and he was pale, shivering and looked to be in pain.
"Scott. . . I'm sorry. . ."
Scott knelt down, inspecting the infections as Owen apologised for not listening.
"It's okay. . . I just, I just need to think. . ."
This was real bad, multiple infections over his arms, legs and face but Owen's chest was slowly raising and falling, Owen could be struggling to breath or even move.
"Okay; I have a plan."
"N-No, you have to leave me. . . I'm only going to infect you and the others. . ."
Scott shook his head, adjusting the mask and gloves he again, picked up Owen but throwing him over his shoulder,"Don't say that; I'm getting you help, whether you like it or not!", Owen groaned, but Scott was determined as he helped Owen upstairs to the main house.
He had a plan. . . It had a lot of risk, but risks he was willing to take to save Owen's life.

=

The Bulter had the maid chase the kids, he was too tired for two chaotic gremlins running around the house without a care in the world.
As he tried to relax a bit, think of what he needed to get done since the basement was closed off for next week or so.
'Sqeak'!
Butler froze.
Rats?
He turned, prepared but then. . . He saw a small blue rat, carrying a bigger rat towards him, squeaking like he was trying to get his attention or communicate.
The Butler knelt down, seeing the bigger rat had. . . An infection?!
The small rat put the bigger rat down, giving the Butler this sad look and but his gloved paws together like the rat was begging him to help their friend.
"Fungus Infection?"
The blue rat nods, The Butler nods and taking in some considerable thoughts on the situation, he sighed and picked op the rat,"I shall do my best, I'll take him to the vet and when I return; He'll be back okay?", the blue rat seemed to light up, jumping up and down, so the Butler carried the rat to his room with the blue rat following close behind.

=

"So; Anything you can do?"
The vet inspected the rat a Butler brought in, apparently it was a family pet belonging to the kids he watches and works for.
"I believe so, we'll try our best."
The Butler nods, waiting outside for the vet to do their job.