Meeting The Gang

A/N: This happens a year before the movie events.

"Oh come on sweetheart. Don't you wanna hang around with a baseball player?" A blonde haired boy asks as he is walking beside Alexis on the sidewalk.

"Leave me alone!" Alexis says angrily.

"Not happening. What's say you and me to catch a movie? We could always have a little fun in the dark." The boy says as he steps in front of Alexis blocking her path.

"No!" Alexis says sternly.

"Come on. What's to lose?" The boy asks as he smirks.

"My pride and self respect." Alexis says as she walks around the boy only for him to grab her wrist.

"I'm not taking no for an answer." The boy says before he pushes Alexis against the wooden fence.

"Get off me!" Alexis shouts as the boy goes to kiss her.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" A male voice shouts causing the boy to the stop trying to kiss Alexis.

"This doesn't involve you Rodriguez. Beat it." The boy says annoyedly as a tall dark haired boy comes over.

"I said get off her Phillips!" The dark haired boy says angrily as he pushes the boy off Alexis.

"What do you care? She's just a girl." Phillips asks angrily as the dark haired boy pulls Alexis behind him protectively.

"I don't care Phillips. That's still not a way to treat a girl." The dark haired boy says angrily.

"Ugh. Whatever. Catch you later sweetheart." Phillips says as he winks at Alexis before leaving causing her to give a look of disgust.

"You okay?" The dark haired boy asks as he turns to look at Alexis.

"Yeah. T-Thank you." Alexis says nervously.

"Are you new around here? I've never seen you around before." The boy says as Alexis nods.

"Y-Yes. Just moved here a couple weeks ago. I'm glad you came along when you did. That boy has been bothering me since I moved here. I'm sorry you had to help me like that." Alexis says.

"Yeah well Phillips isn't the best guy to be around. But not a problem. I don't mind helping so there is no need to apologise." The boy says kindly.

"Well still thank you." Alexis says as she smiles kindly.

"So what's your name? I'm Benny Rodriguez." The boy asks as he smiles.

"Alexis Hathaway." Alexis says kindly.

"Nice to meet you Alexis." Benny says as he offers his hand for Alexis to shake.

"You too." Alexis says as she smiles softly before shaking the boy's hand.

"Is that a baseball pendant?" Benny asks as he notices Alexis's necklace.

"Huh? Oh uh yeah. It was a gift from my aunt last year for my birthday." Alexis says as Benny looks at her curiously.

"Your birthday? So do you got a friend who plays or family member?" Benny asks as Alexis shakes her head.

"No actually I play." Alexis says nervously.

"You play baseball?" Benny asks.

"Yeah. I guess you think I'm weird for it. I know it's not common for girls to play sports." Alexis says as she looks down.

"No. I'm actually impressed." Benny says as Alexis looks up at him curiously.

"You are?" Alexis asks curiously.