Chapter 30: Requiem

(To get full effect, read the selection below while listening to the above song)

"Maia!" Henry ran up to the girl and hugged her close. "I was so worried."

"Dad-let me go," Tears streamed down her face, Maia broke away from him. She turned and ran back towards S3WP, dodging the fight between Megatron and another large autobot.

"Maia!" Henry shouted. "Come back!!!" He tried to run forward but Megatron and the other autobot just then rolled past, blocking the way.

Maia's heart was thumping and her head pounding as she paused in front of the fallen autobot. He had saved her and Jacob's life-he had been a friend of her mother's. He had sacrificed himself for her.

She climbed up his hand and up to where she could stand in front of his face. "Get up SW3P, please!" tears streamed down her face. "Don't leave me! Please!" There was so much she wanted to ask him-to learn about him and her mother.

The autobot's eyes flickered, he groaned. "Safe—stay away from Megatron...." his voice was slurring as the blue light began to fade in his eyes. He reached into his chest. Pulling out a small shiny crystal, he handed it to the girl.  "...evidence--Melissa's death; Stay safe Melissa's daughter...."

"I will," Maia clutched the bluish crystal in her hand. Tears openly fell down her face. "I promise," she reached out and grabbed one of his fingers with her hand. "Stay with me-please!"

"...Goodbye..." All at once the light faded entirely. SW3P's finger loosed from Maia's grip as his hand fell to the ground.

"S3WP!" She cried out, laying her head on his chest. "No..." Now her voice was a broken whisper. "Stay with me...."

This time there was not even a beep in reply.