Chapter 10 - Memory

HELLO FOLKS 
IM BACKKK
NOW ONTO DA CHAPTER

———

I walked through the base, steps light, mind elsewhere.

Five Countryhumans, five - have sort of confessed. Who was next? Britain? France?

I clutched my head as I entered the training room. I couldn't deal with this on top of the feeling of dread that Byzantium was out there, probably rallying some Empires to come drag me to the East. (A/N: feel the irony it ain't Byzantium)

In desperate need of a break from all this madness, I started looking for where the Countries could have left that song for me.

I spotted a kind of small radio set prominently in sight on a stool. Tentatively inching over to it, I pressed the play button and the radio whirred to life.

A few moments passed before the soft sounds of the piano started the song. Gosh, America was right when he said the song captured feelings perfectly.

The song echoed beautifully around around the room, the voice of the singer lilting in time to the music.

"Cause I'm in a field of dandelions, wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes, I feel okay when I see you smile, smile"

I swayed in time to the melody, glowing wisps of dandelion flowers blossoming out of my hands. (AN: just imagine this scene guys, you're just dancing in an empty room with Dandelions on, at peace with yourself 👌)

"Wishing on dandelions all of the time,
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine"

The radio looked really vintage, the Countries must have gone to great lengths to get it for me.

"Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time..."

I closed the radio and cradled it in my hands. I would find some time to listen to the whole song, but I had to meet the new Countries with Britain first.

———

It was about 9 am. I could already hear the sounds of several airplanes as they approached the base from the East as I hurried down to the main entrance of the base.

Britain was already there, discussing room arrangements with a few generals. After a few moments, he dismissed them and waved at me. I returned the gesture and walked over to him.

"So how many Countries will there be?" I asked. "Are all of them from the borders in Europe?"
"Yep. Australia and Germany's gone to the East to replace them at the borders. They'll only be keeping a lookout, they'll only be there for the duration the Countries are here."
"And Canada and the others are at their bases, right?"
"Mhm. And to answer your first question, there will be more than four of them that are coming here I suppose. The battles at the borders have taken a heavy toll on them, this trip is also a break from all the fighting."

Four? More than four?? Okay...

I watched the small planes land one by one in front of the base. From each plane emerged a couple of Countryhumans, all of them heading towards Britain and me.